Bills sign Duke Johnson Jr. to one-year contract
The Buffalo Bills have signed running back Duke Johnson Jr. to a one-year contract.
The Bills were clearly interested in adding to their running back room this offseason when they attempted to sign J.D. McKissic, but had to turn their attention elsewhere after the free agent changed his mind and re-signed with the Washington Commanders. Johnson has struggled to find consistent work since entering the league, but did show out nicely at the end of the 2021 NFL season with the Miami Dolphins.
Despite playing behind the worst offensive line in the league in 2021, Johnson still managed to amass 330 yards and 3 touchdowns on his 71 carries over 5 games, and caught 4 passes for 41 yards. Like McKissic, Johnson is an adept pass-catcher out of the backfield, and will now have an opportunity to seize that role for the 2022 season.
- Allen Lazard "getting an opportunity" to be Packers WR1 July 3rd, 2022
- Browns' Kareem Hunt feels '100 percent' healthy June 29th, 2022
- Terry McLaurin signs three-year $71 million contract extension with Washington June 29th, 2022
- Giants' Kadarius Toney (knee) a surprise PUP-list candidate June 27th, 2022
- Chargers' Austin Ekeler excited for increased backfield competition June 27th, 2022
- Falcons were blown away by Drake London's physicality on college tape June 27th, 2022
- Bills' Gabriel Davis "likely to bust loose" in 2022 June 20th, 2022
- Bills' Isaiah McKenzie practicing with the first team June 20th, 2022
- Bills sign wideout Jamison Crowder to one-year contract March 21st, 2022
- Free agent running back Matt Breida signs with Giants March 21st, 2022
- Bills release Cole Beasley March 17th, 2022
- Free agency market for Bills' Mitchell Trubisky gaining steam March 6th, 2022