Duke Johnson inefficient as Texans' lead back
Houston Texans running back Duke Johnson rushed 10 times for 15 yards and caught 3 passes (5 targets) for 20 yards in a 27-20, Week 11 win over the New England Patriots.
Johnson handled 13-of-18 running back touches as the Texans' lead back but it didn't amount to anything. He didn't log any carries in the red zone despite the Texans making it down there four different times. Deshaun Watson rushed in a score from four yards out and had two passing touchdowns of fewer than 10 yards. Johnson has seen double-digit carries in three straight contests with David Johnson (concussion) unavailable, but he's averaging just 36.7 rushing yards in that span. Duke and the Texans should have an easier time running the ball in Week 12 when they visit the Detroit Lions on Thanksgiving afternoon.
Duke scored 5.0 FanDuel points in Week 11 and is averaging 7.9 FanDuel points over the last three games as the Texans' lead back. The Patriots are in the better half of the league in terms of FanDuel points allowed to opposing running backs but the Lions are allowing more than any other defense. On the season, Johnson is averaging fewer yards per carry (2.8) than anyone else with at least 50 attempts.
- Antonio Brown (knee) ruled out for Buccaneers in NFC Championship January 22nd, 2021
- Antonio Brown (knee) will be game-time call for Bucs versus Packers January 21st, 2021
- Stefon Diggs managing oblique injury at Bills practice January 21st, 2021
- Cole Beasley not on Bills injury report for AFC title January 21st, 2021
- Buccaneers' Ronald Jones (quad) feels better than last week January 21st, 2021
- Antonio Brown (knee) still not seen at Buccaneers practice January 21st, 2021
- Kenny Stills reportedly visiting Bills December 30th, 2020
- Deshaun Watson (hand) says he will play in Texans' finale December 28th, 2020
- Brandin Cooks comes away with 141 yards, touchdown for Texans December 28th, 2020
- Texans' David Johnson scores twice in Week 16 loss to Cincinnati December 28th, 2020
- Houston's Deshaun Watson (hand) accounts for 324 yards and 3 scores in Week 16 December 28th, 2020
- Houston's Duke Johnson (neck) remains sidelined in Week 16 December 25th, 2020