Shohei Ohtani signs with the Los Angeles Angels
Japanese two-way star Shohei Ohtani has signed with the Los Angeles Angels.
Ohtani's agent released a statement announcing the decision: “This morning, after a thorough, detailed process, Shohei Ohtani has decided to sign with the Los Angeles Angels. Shohei is humbled and flattered by all the time and effort that so many teams put into their presentations and sincerely thanks them for their professionalism. In the end, he felt a strong connection with the Angels and believes they can best help him reach his goals in Major League Baseball."
Ohtani, 23, posted a .962 OPS and 3.20 ERA with Nippon of the Japan Pacific League in 2017.
- Marlins' J.T. Realmuto (back) expects to be ready for Opening Day March 19th, 2018
- Twins' Jorge Polanco banned 80 games for PEDs March 18th, 2018
- Justin Grimm signs 1-year, $1.25 million deal with Royals March 18th, 2018
- Mets' Jason Vargas has fractured bone in glove hand March 18th, 2018
- Trevor Cahill reportedly signs 1-year deal with Athletics March 18th, 2018
- Jordan Zimmermann named Tigers' Opening Day starter March 17th, 2018
- Andrelton Simmons (shoulder) returns for Angels on Thursday March 15th, 2018
- Andrelton Simmons (shoulder) on track to return for Angels on Thursday March 14th, 2018
- Andrelton Simmons day-to-day for Angels with left shoulder strain March 9th, 2018
- Cam Bedrosian reportedly 'current favorite' for Angels' closer job March 9th, 2018
- Angels' Andrelton Simmons to undergo MRI for left shoulder March 8th, 2018
- Angels' Chris Young dealing with Grade 1 right calf strain February 22nd, 2018