Shohei Ohtani signs with the Los Angeles Angels
Japanese two-way star Shohei Ohtani has signed with the Los Angeles Angels.
Ohtani's agent released a statement announcing the decision: “This morning, after a thorough, detailed process, Shohei Ohtani has decided to sign with the Los Angeles Angels. Shohei is humbled and flattered by all the time and effort that so many teams put into their presentations and sincerely thanks them for their professionalism. In the end, he felt a strong connection with the Angels and believes they can best help him reach his goals in Major League Baseball."
Ohtani, 23, posted a .962 OPS and 3.20 ERA with Nippon of the Japan Pacific League in 2017.
- Cardinals acquire Paul Goldschmidt from the Diamondbacks December 5th, 2018
- Nationals sign pitcher Patrick Corbin to 6-year, $140M deal December 4th, 2018
- Jay Bruce headed to Seattle as part of Robinson Cano trade December 3rd, 2018
- Seattle finalizes Edwin Diaz trade to the New York Mets December 3rd, 2018
- Seattle's Robinson Cano long-rumoured trade to Mets finally official December 3rd, 2018
- Carlos Santana dealt to Seattle from Philadelphia on Monday December 3rd, 2018
- Andrelton Simmons on Angels' bench against Athletics September 30th, 2018
- Angels' Joe Hudson in Sunday's lineup September 30th, 2018
- Justin Upton out of Angels' lineup versus Oakland September 30th, 2018
- Jefry Marte draws start for Angels Sunday September 30th, 2018
- Shohei Ohtani hitting third for Angels versus Athletics September 30th, 2018
- Mike Trout hitting second for Angels in Sunday's finale September 30th, 2018