Dodgers' Trevor Bauer pitches Spring Training start with one eye closed
Los Angeles Dodgers starting pitcher Trevor Bauer pitched the first inning of Saturday's Spring Training start against the San Diego Padres with one eye closed.
“I like making myself uncomfortable and throwing different stuff my way and trying to find a solution for it," Bauer told reporters after the game. "I think that's how you improve.” Entering his first season in Los Angeles, Bauer has a lot to prove to live up to his $40 million-plus contract. Expect the 30-year-old to slot into the No. 3 spot in the Dodgers rotation.
Our models project Bauer for 236 strikeouts and 67 walks with a 3.75 ERA and 1.17 WHIP across 202 innings pitched this season.
- Angels' Justin Upton (back) scratched on Tuesday, Jon Jay batting eighth against Royals April 13th, 2021
- Cubs' Kyle Hendricks (illness) scratched on Tuesday, Alec Mills to start against Brewers April 13th, 2021
- LaMonte Wade Jr. starting in center for San Francisco on Tuesday April 13th, 2021
- Brandon Belt batting in cleanup spot for Giants on Tuesday April 13th, 2021
- San Francisco's Wilmer Flores sitting on Tuesday April 13th, 2021
- Alex Dickerson in left field for Giants on Tuesday April 13th, 2021
- A.J. Pollock in left field Tuesday for Dodgers April 13th, 2021
- Dodgers' Zach McKinstry sitting Tuesday April 13th, 2021
- Will Smith starting for Dodgers against Rockies April 13th, 2021
- Mookie Betts (back) making return to Dodgers' lineup Tuesday April 13th, 2021
- Justin Turner taking seat for Dodgers Tuesday night April 13th, 2021
- Will Smith sitting for Dodgers Sunday April 11th, 2021