Jaguars' T.J. Yeldon sheds walking boot, expects to play
Jacksonville Jaguars running back T.J. Yeldon (foot) has shed his walking boot and expects to be "fine" for Thursday's game against the Tennessee Titans.
This is the first bit of good news for Yeldon's status for the week. The next step is getting in a practice, something he did not do Tuesday. Denard Robinson and Toby Gerhart would form an underwhelming committee in his place, if he winds up on the wrong side of questionable.
Yeldon turned his 18 carries into 61 yards and -3.34 Rushing Net Expected Points (NEP) in Week 10. He has been a near every-down workhorse in his rookie year, but he hasn't been very efficient. Among backs with at least 80 carries, Yeldon is 28th in Rushing NEP per play. The Titans rank 24th in Adjusted Defensive Rushing NEP per play and just lost defensive tackle Sen'Derrick Marks.
- Steelers making no 'attempts to move' Martavis Bryant February 23rd, 2018
- David Harris retires after 11 NFL seasons February 23rd, 2018
- Report: 'Stunner' if Dolphins don't trade Jarvis Landry February 23rd, 2018
- Rams likely to move on from Trumaine Johnson February 23rd, 2018
- Chiefs reportedly finalizing deal to send Marcus Peters to Rams February 23rd, 2018
- Panthers could use franchise tag on Graham Gano February 22nd, 2018
- Jaguars not expected to re-sign slot standout Aaron Colvin February 21st, 2018
- Jaguars pick up Marcedes Lewis' third-year option February 20th, 2018
- Jaguars expected to tag Allen Robinson for 2018 February 19th, 2018
- Blake Bortles (wrist surgery) will reportedly be brought by Jaguars next season January 30th, 2018
- Jaguars' Blake Bortles underwent wrist surgery on Friday January 29th, 2018
- Jaguars' Allen Robinson (ACL) says he's close to 100 percent January 29th, 2018