Jaguars' T.J. Yeldon sheds walking boot, expects to play
Jacksonville Jaguars running back T.J. Yeldon (foot) has shed his walking boot and expects to be "fine" for Thursday's game against the Tennessee Titans.
This is the first bit of good news for Yeldon's status for the week. The next step is getting in a practice, something he did not do Tuesday. Denard Robinson and Toby Gerhart would form an underwhelming committee in his place, if he winds up on the wrong side of questionable.
Yeldon turned his 18 carries into 61 yards and -3.34 Rushing Net Expected Points (NEP) in Week 10. He has been a near every-down workhorse in his rookie year, but he hasn't been very efficient. Among backs with at least 80 carries, Yeldon is 28th in Rushing NEP per play. The Titans rank 24th in Adjusted Defensive Rushing NEP per play and just lost defensive tackle Sen'Derrick Marks.
- Eric Ebron standing out for Colts during offseason work June 18th, 2018
- D.J. Moore 'has looked the part' for Panthers June 18th, 2018
- Mike McCarthy: Packers using committee approach in backfield June 18th, 2018
- Colts' Andrew Luck says 'pain is gone' in shoulder June 18th, 2018
- Zay Jones has to prove his worth in Bills' offense June 18th, 2018
- Ronald Jones could see 15-20 touches a game for Buccaneers June 18th, 2018
- Austin Seferian-Jenkins to be integral part of Jaguars' offense June 14th, 2018
- Jaguars' Leonard Fournette slimming down for 2018 season June 12th, 2018
- Jaguars want to use Corey Grant more in 2018 June 1st, 2018
- Jacksonville Jaguars add WR D.J. Chark with the 61st overall pick April 27th, 2018
- Jaguars acquire Cody Kessler from Browns to back up Blake Bortles March 28th, 2018
- Corey Grant reportedly re-signs with Jaguars for a year March 22nd, 2018