Cam Newton (shoulder) throwing in Panthers' team drills
Carolina Panthers quarterback Cam Newton (shoulder) is throwing in team drills during Monday's practice.
Newton hasn't appeared in either of the Panthers' first two preseason games, but he remains on track for Week 1. According to Fantasy Football Calculator, Newton is being drafted towards the bottom of the eighth round in standard formats, while he's going in the middle of the ninth in PPR leagues.
Assuming he's healthy for a full 16-game campaign, numberFire's models project Newton to throw for 3,692.7 pass yards with 24.48 touchdowns and 13.5 interceptions this upcoming season, while rushing 92.3 times for 527.9 rush yards and 5.13 scores on the ground. He's QB7 in our fantasy rankings for the year.
- T.J. Hockenson standing out at Lions training camp August 1st, 2021
- 49ers' Trey Lance begins practicing designed run plays in training camp August 1st, 2021
- Dolphins' Mike Gesicki one of three Miami tight ends placed on reserve/COVID-19 list on Sunday August 1st, 2021
- Colts' Carson Wentz set to rehab foot injury before deciding on surgery August 1st, 2021
- Browns ink running back Nick Chubb to 3-year extension August 1st, 2021
- Pittsburgh's JuJu Smith-Schuster reportedly seeing 'limited to no outside work' during training camp July 30th, 2021
- Belichick: New England's Damien Harris 'can compete for the top role now' July 29th, 2021
- Jonnu Smith (hamstring) reportedly will be ready for Patriots' training camp July 20th, 2021
- Damien Harris 'surefire No.1' in Patriots backfield July 13th, 2021
- N'Keal Harry requests trade from Patriots July 6th, 2021
- Patriots' Mac Jones forcing 'real competition' with Cam Newton June 21st, 2021
- Pats' Mac Jones playing behind Jarrett Stidham in "every period" June 14th, 2021