Cam Newton re-signs with Patriots for one year, $14 million
The New England Patriots re-signed quarterback Cam Newton to a one-year contract worth around $14 million.
Newton had an abysmal first season under the Patriots but that may have largely been due to the NFL's COVID-19 protocols and arguably the worst pass-catching group in the NFL. Patriots head coach Bill Belichick reportedly "has done nothing but rave" about Newton, so things seem to be pointing toward the former league MVP starting Week 1 and serving as a bridge for one of the top quarterbacks available in the draft at the end of April.
Cam averaged 18.0 FanDuel points per game for the Patriots and finished 33rd in Passing Net Expected Points per dropback among the 44 quarterbacks with at least 100 dropbacks last season.
- Anderson: Giants reportedly sign Kenny Golladay to 4-year, $40 million guaranteed contract March 20th, 2021
- Texans reportedly agree to 1-year contract with Phillip Lindsay March 20th, 2021
- Steelers reportedly resign JuJu Smith-Schuster to 1-year, $8 million deal March 19th, 2021
- Rapoport: Dolphins reportedly sign Will Fuller to 1-year contract March 18th, 2021
- Cardinals reportedly sign wide receiver A.J. Green to 1-year deal March 17th, 2021
- Rapoport: Dolphins reportedly sign running back Malcolm Brown March 16th, 2021
- Patriots adding Hunter Henry to offseason haul March 16th, 2021
- Patriots sign former 49er Kendrick Bourne March 15th, 2021
- Pats continue signing spree, adding wide receiver Nelson Agholor March 15th, 2021
- Cam Newton re-signs with Patriots for one year, $14 million March 12th, 2021
- New England's Damien Harris (ankle) remains sidelined in Week 17 January 1st, 2021
- Patriots' Damien Harris (ankle) limited in practice Wednesday December 30th, 2020