Anquan Boldin announces retirement from Bills, NFL
Buffalo Bills wide receiver Anquan Boldin has elected to retire, reports Jim Trotter of ESPN.
"My life's purpose is bigger than football," Boldin said in a statement, emphasizing his desire to focus on humanitarian efforts. The 37-year-old wide receiver signed a one-year deal with the Bills on August 7, but after they proceeded to trade away two of the best players on the team in wide receiver Sammy Watkins and defensive back Ronald Darby, the 37-year-old veteran decided retirement was more appealing than being a starter for what is shaping up to be one of the worst teams in the league this season. Jordan Matthews and rookie Zay Jones project to be the Bills top-two wide receivers, followed by Andre Holmes and Rod Streater.
Boldin finishes his career with 1,076 catches (9th-most in NFL history) for 13,779 yards (14th) and 82 touchdowns (tied for 23rd). He was the 2003 Offensive Rookie of the Year, a three-time Pro Bowler, a Super Bowl Champion, and also the 2015 Walter Payton Man of the Year.
- Titans' Adam Humphries (ankle) questionable for Sunday's playoff matchup against Chiefs January 17th, 2020
- George Kittle practicing in full Thursday for San Francisco January 16th, 2020
- Browns' Odell Beckham under arrest for touching officer January 16th, 2020
- 49ers' George Kittle (ankle) DNP on Wednesday January 15th, 2020
- Packers' Geronimo Allison not seen at practice on Wednesday January 15th, 2020
- Titans' Adam Humphries (ankle) returns to practice on Wednesday January 15th, 2020
- Bills' corner Levi Wallace out for Wild Card round January 4th, 2020
- Bills' Devin Singletary (rest) inactive in Week 17 as Buffalo opts to rest some of their starters December 29th, 2019
- Devin Singletary rushes for 87 yards in Bills' victory December 16th, 2019
- Devin Singletary nets 93 yards in Bills victory November 18th, 2019
- Bills' Josh Allen throws for 266 yards, rushes for 2 scores Sunday November 11th, 2019
- Bills' Josh Allen throws for 160 yards and 1 touchdowns and rushes for another Sunday November 4th, 2019