Rams' Tavon Austin expected to have role similar to last season's
Los Angeles Rams wide receiver Tavon Austin will be used similarly to the way he was last year, according to general manager Les Snead.
While the Rams' offense will likely change under new coach Sean McVay, it looks like Austin will continue to be used as more of a gimmick than a series receiving threat. Even if the type of looks he gets are the same as last year, he's not likely to repeat the 106 targets he saw, as newly acquired Sammy Watkins will likely command a hefty market share in the Rams' passing game.
numberFire's models project Austin to turn 95 targets into 49 receptions, 522 yards and 2.8 touchdowns. He is our 61st-ranked fantasy wideout.
- Patrick Mahomes, Chiefs move on to Super Bowl for second straight season January 25th, 2021
- Tom Brady leads Buccaneers past Packers, advances to 10th Super Bowl January 25th, 2021
- Chiefs' Le'Veon Bell (knee) officially inactive for Sunday's AFC Championship game January 24th, 2021
- Chiefs' Clyde Edwards-Helaire (hip) active for AFC Championship showdown with Buffalo January 24th, 2021
- Kansas City's Sammy Watkins (calf) ruled out for Sunday's AFC Championship game against Bills January 24th, 2021
- Packers' Aaron Jones (chest) questionable to return to NFC Championship game January 24th, 2021
- San Francisco's Trent Williams (elbow) out for Week 17's contest against Seahawks December 28th, 2020
- Brandon Aiyuk out for 49ers' finale with high-ankle sprain December 28th, 2020
- 49ers' George Kittle (foot) active for Week 16 December 26th, 2020
- 49ers officially place Nick Mullens (elbow) on injured reserve December 25th, 2020
- 49ers activate George Kittle (foot) from injured reserve, available for Week 16's game against Cardinals December 24th, 2020
- 49ers sign Josh Rosen from Tampa Bay's practice squad December 22nd, 2020