Bills ink running back Damien Harris to one-year deal
The Buffalo Bills are signing former New England Patriots running back Damien Harris to a one-year contract, ESPN's Adam Schefter reports.
The Bills have had a need for a larger running back over the past few seasons after struggling to find a consistent short-yardage player in Devin Singletary, Zach Moss, and James Cook. Now, the former Patriot should be queued up to handle early down work while Cook adds an explosive element on passing downs.
Harris's 15 rushing touchdowns in 2021 were tied for the most in the league (behind only Jonathan Taylor), but the talented former third-round pick ceded significant work to teammate Rhamondre Stevenson in 2022 before the Patriots eventually allowed him to leave in free agency. He could have plenty of opportunities for goal line carries in the Bills' potent offense.
- Packers' Luke Musgrave 'earning first team reps' June 1st, 2023
- Browns 'want to get' wide receiver Elijah Moore the ball in 2023 June 1st, 2023
- Jets' Robert Saleh 'very optimistic' about Week 1 return for Breece Hall (ACL) June 1st, 2023
- Raiders significantly rework contract with Jimmy Garoppolo (foot) following failed physical May 28th, 2023
- Cardinals release wide receiver DeAndre Hopkins on Friday May 26th, 2023
- Geno Smith: Seahawks' Jaxon Smith-Njigba (hamstring) going to be 'tremendous' May 25th, 2023
- Buffalo's Gabriel Davis 'moving around a lot easier' in OTAs May 25th, 2023
- Josh Allen (elbow) participating at Bills' OTAs May 25th, 2023
- Dalton Kincaid heads to Buffalo with 25th pick of the 2023 Draft April 27th, 2023
- Bills want Josh Allen (elbow) taking fewer hits in 2023 March 27th, 2023
- Bills ink running back Damien Harris to one-year deal March 20th, 2023
- Texans sign Devin Singletary to one-year deal March 20th, 2023