Bucs' Leonard Fournette entered minicamp overweight but not 'any worse for wear'
Tampa Bay Buccaneers running back Leonard Fournette entered minicamp over his goal weight of 228-230 pounds.
This hasn't been the first time there have been concerns about Fournette's weight during an offseason, but first year head coach Todd Bowles told the media that the veteran back didn't look "any worse for wear". Fournette acknowledged that he was over his goal weight, but has been documenting his progress via social media in the weeks since minicamp and does appear to have slimmed down already. We'll have to wait for training camp to resume before we see if Fournette does reach his goal weight.
It's possible Fournette's size has helped him manage the heavy workload he's earned in the Bucs' offense since joining the team two seasons ago; his 249 touches last season ranked 11th-most in the league. We have him projected for a similar volume of opportunities this season, making him numberFire's fantasy RB12 heading into the 2022 season.
- Falcons place Cordarrelle Patterson (knee) on IR October 3rd, 2022
- Teddy Bridgewater to start at quarterback for Dolphins in Week 5 October 3rd, 2022
- Giants optimistic Daniel Jones (ankle) plays Week 5 October 3rd, 2022
- Dolphins' Tua Tagovailoa (concussion) out for Week 5 October 3rd, 2022
- Jonathan Taylor (ankle) could play for Colts Thursday night October 3rd, 2022
- Broncos' Javonte Williams done for season with torn ACL October 3rd, 2022
- Julio Jones 'nicked up' for Buccaneers in return October 3rd, 2022
- Julio Jones (knee) will play Sunday's Week 4 game for Tampa Bay October 2nd, 2022
- Chris Godwin (hamstring) active for Buccaneers in Week 4 October 2nd, 2022
- Bucs' Julio Jones (knee) a game-time decision in Week 4 October 2nd, 2022
- Chris Godwin (hamstring) a game-time decision for Bucs in Week 4 October 2nd, 2022
- Cole Beasley elevated to Tampa Bay's active roster on Saturday October 1st, 2022