Belichick "would imagine" Cam Newton starts against Jets in Week 17
New England Patriots quarterback Cam Newton could remain the starter for Week 17's game against the New York Jets.
When asked about Newton's performance against the Buffalo Bills on Monday, Bill Belichick said "I thought he did what we asked him to do." When asked who would start against the Jets, he said "I would imagine [Cam Newton will start]. We're going through that right now. We'll see." The door is being left open for Newton to be benched, but at the moment, he appears to be the presumed starter. It sounds like the Patriots will make an official decision soon.
The Patriots are 3.5-point favorites over the Jets in Week 17. Their implied team total of 22.25 points is the 13th-lowest team total on Sunday's main slate, according to numberFire's DFS Heat Map.
- Rapoport: Alex Smith, Washington to part ways March 1st, 2021
- J.J. Watt announces contract with Cardinals March 1st, 2021
- Seahawks' Russell Wilson open to Cowboys, Saints, Raiders, Bears February 25th, 2021
- Eagles sending Carson Wentz to Colts in exchange for pair of picks February 18th, 2021
- J.J. Watt granted release from Texans February 12th, 2021
- Chiefs' Sammy Watkins (calf) active for Super Bowl clash with Tampa Bay February 7th, 2021
- New England's Damien Harris (ankle) remains sidelined in Week 17 January 1st, 2021
- Patriots' Damien Harris (ankle) limited in practice Wednesday December 30th, 2020
- Belichick "would imagine" Cam Newton starts against Jets in Week 17 December 29th, 2020
- Sony Michel provides couple of 20-yard runs for Patriots December 29th, 2020
- Jakobi Meyers catches 4 passes for New England December 29th, 2020
- Cam Newton benched, Patriots lose big to Bills December 29th, 2020