Damien Harris reportedly could miss Patriots' opener with hand injury
New England Patriots running back Damien Harris could miss Week 1 against the Miami Dolphins due to a hand injury, reports Mike Reiss of ESPN.com.
Ian Rapoport of NFL Network adds that Harris reportedly underwent surgery on his pink finger that will take "a few weeks" to heal. The Patriots activated running back Lamar Miller (knee) from the active/PUP list earlier this week, seemingly confirming concerns about Harris' availability for the opener. Harris was splitting first-team reps with Michel before the injury. If Harris is ruled out, there would be additional snaps for Sony Michel, James White, Rex Burkhead, and potentially Miller. However, the newest FanDuel injury expert, ProFootballDoc, believes that Harris will be able to play Week 1. The decision to play him will likely depend more on missed practice reps than the injury itself.
Operating under the assumption that Harris will be active for Week 1, numberFire's models expect him to total 31.4 yards on 7.3 touches. He's projected for 4.8 FanDuel points, at a cost of $4,500.
- Daniel Jones (neck) preparing to play for Giants versus Dolphins December 1st, 2021
- Amari Cooper (COVID) reportedly expected to play Thursday for Cowboys December 1st, 2021
- DeAndre Hopkins (hamsting) returns to Cardinals practice December 1st, 2021
- Daniel Jones (neck) expected to miss Giants' Week 13 game; MIke Glennon likely to start November 30th, 2021
- Saints to name starting quarterback Wednesday for Thursday game November 30th, 2021
- Cedrick Wilson (ankle) DNP in Cowboys' Tuesday practice November 30th, 2021
- Jonnu Smith (shoulder) active for Patriots in Week 12 November 28th, 2021
- Damien Harris (neck) active for Pats in Week 12 November 28th, 2021
- Hunter Henry (neck) officially active for Pats' Week 12 game November 28th, 2021
- Rhamondre Stevenson (knee) active for New England in Week 12 November 28th, 2021
- Patriots' Jonnu Smith (shoulder) expected to play in Week 12 versus Titans November 28th, 2021
- Pats' Rhamondre Stevenson (knee) expected to play in Week 12 November 28th, 2021