Kyle Allen to start for Panthers Week 3 if Cam Newton (foot) sits
Carolina Panthers quarterback Kyle Allen will start Week 3 versus the Arizona Cardinals if Cam Newton (foot) is sidelined, head coach Ron Rivera said.
"I think Kyle's more than ready," Rivera said. "I think he's got a really good arm, makes good decisions. He just needs to speed himself up a bit." Allen, a second-year undrafted free agent, remains ahead of 2019 third-rounder Will Grier on the depth chart. He completed 16-of-27 passes for 228 yards and 2 touchdowns in Week 17 last season in his first career start.
The Cardinals have allowed 619 passing yards and 5 touchdowns with 0 interceptions through two games.
- Adrian Peterson still intends to play for Washington versus Vikings October 22nd, 2019
- Cardinals reportedly adding Alfred Morris to backfield October 22nd, 2019
- Malik Hooker (knee) returning for Colts Week 8 October 22nd, 2019
- Sterling Shepard (concussion) expects to return for Giants October 22nd, 2019
- Adam Thielen (hamstring) sidelined Tuesday for Vikings October 22nd, 2019
- Kerryon Johnson lands on IR with knee injury, Lions hoping for return October 22nd, 2019
- Kyle Allen to make another start for Panthers in Week 8 October 21st, 2019
- Cam Newton (foot) reportedly cleared for practice, Panthers mum October 15th, 2019
- Panthers' Christian McCaffrey scores 2 touchdowns in Week 6 victory over the Buccaneers in London October 13th, 2019
- Panthers' Kyle Allen throws for 227 yards and 2 touchdowns in Week 6 win over Tampa Bay in London October 13th, 2019
- Panthers' Curtis Samuel scores 2 touchdowns in Week 6 victory over Tampa Bay October 13th, 2019
- D.J. Moore leads the Panthers in receiving yards in Week 6 with 73 October 13th, 2019