John Gillon nails game-winner for Syracuse on Wednesday
Syracuse Orange senior guard John Gillon scored a game-high 26 points including the game-winning three in Wednesday's 78-75 win over the Duke Blue Devils.
Gillon sank three three-pointers with none bigger than the one he hit at the buzzer to give the Orange a much-needed win for their NCAA Tournament resume. The senior broke out of a two-game shooting slump -- where he went 5-for-21 (23.8 percent) -- to sink 9-of-14 shot attempts for his most points in three weeks.
Gillon is averaging just 11.1 points per game on the year, but he's boosted it to 18.8 points over his last eight contests.
- Virginia named 1st seed in South Region March 18th, 2019
- North Carolina claims top seed in Midwest region March 18th, 2019
- Gonzaga earns No. 1 seed in the West March 18th, 2019
- Duke earns top seed in the NCAA tournament March 18th, 2019
- Kansas punches ticket to Final Four with 85-81 victory over Duke March 25th, 2018
- Villanova advances to Final Four for second time in three seasons with victory over Texas Tech March 25th, 2018
- 11-seed Syracuse knocks off 3-seed Michigan State to advance to Sweet 16 March 18th, 2018
- Tyus Battle will return for his sophomore season at Syracuse March 23rd, 2017
- Syracuse's Tyler Lydon to enter the 2017 NBA Draft March 20th, 2017
- Tyler Lydon registers a double-double in Syracuse's loss to Louisville February 26th, 2017
- John Gillon nails game-winner for Syracuse on Wednesday February 23rd, 2017
- John Gillon explodes for 43 points in Syracuse's overtime win February 2nd, 2017