Ohio's Antonio Campbell out for the year with a broken foot
Ohio Bobcats senior forward Antonio Campbell will require surgery on his broken foot and will be out for the rest of the season, according to Jason Arkley of the Athens Messenger.
Tough blow for the Bobcats slim NCAA Tournament hopes, who are at only 18.4 percent, according to our algorithms. Campbell hurt his foot after playing only three minutes in Saturday's game and has not played since. Not coincidently, Ohio is 0-2 since the injury. Campbell was the team's leading scorer and rebounder, averaging 16.4 points and 8.9 rebounds per game.
The former MAC Player of the Year was an enormous part of the offense, taking 33.4 percent of the team's shots while shooting over 63 percent on his two-point shots.
- Virginia named 1st seed in South Region March 18th, 2019
- North Carolina claims top seed in Midwest region March 18th, 2019
- Gonzaga earns No. 1 seed in the West March 18th, 2019
- Duke earns top seed in the NCAA tournament March 18th, 2019
- Kansas punches ticket to Final Four with 85-81 victory over Duke March 25th, 2018
- Villanova advances to Final Four for second time in three seasons with victory over Texas Tech March 25th, 2018
- Ohio's Antonio Campbell out for the year with a broken foot January 19th, 2017
- Ohio's Antonio Campbell posts a double-double on Tuesday January 3rd, 2017
- Ohio's Antonio Campbell records fourth double-double December 15th, 2016