Pirates reportedly snagging Chris Archer from Rays
The Pittsburgh Pirates will acquire starting pitcher Chris Archer from the Tampa Bay Rays, reports Stephen J. Nesbitt of the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette.
Aaron Meadows and Tyler Glasnow "are on the table to go the other way," according to MLB analyst Jim Bowden (@JimBowdenGM). Archer should find the competition much easier in the National League Central than it was in the American League East.
Archer averaged 29.8 FanDuel points and put together a 3-5 record in 17 starts for the Rays this season, while posting a 4.31 ERA with 102 strikeouts and 31 walks across 96 innings.
- Rays' Austin Meadows batting third in Game 6 on Tuesday October 27th, 2020
- Ji-Man Choi batting leadoff for Rays in Game 6 on Tuesday October 27th, 2020
- Dodgers' A.J. Pollock batting eighth in Game 6 on Tuesday October 27th, 2020
- Dodgers' Joc Pederson batting eighth in Game 5 on Sunday October 25th, 2020
- Austin Barnes catching for Dodgers in Game 5 of the World Series on Sunday October 25th, 2020
- Joey Wendle batting sixth for Rays in Game 5 on Sunday October 25th, 2020
- Pirates' Jacob Stalling placed on seven-day concussion injured list, Andrew Susac to start against Cleveland on Sunday September 27th, 2020
- Gregory Polanco not in Pirates' Sunday lineup September 27th, 2020
- JT Riddle batting seventh for Pirates on Sunday September 27th, 2020
- Jared Oliva not in Pirates' Saturday lineup September 26th, 2020
- Jose Osuna starting on Saturday for Pittsburgh September 26th, 2020
- Erik Gonzalez starting for Pirates in Friday opener September 25th, 2020