Ken Giles reportedly going to Toronto from Houston
The Toronto Blue Jays will receive reliever Ken Giles from the Houston Astros as part of the trade package for reliever Roberto Osuna, reports Ken Rosenthal of The Athletic.
Giles was optioned to the minors a few days before the All-Star break following a rough first half (4.99 ERA), but the 27-year-old right-hander owns a reliable 2.79 ERA with 367 strikeouts over 274 2/3 career innings in the majors. He should eventually be able to get an opportunity to take over as the Blue Jays' closer.
Giles averaged 3.9 FanDuel points in 34 outings for the Astros this season and converted on all 12 of his save chances.
- Red Sox's Chris Sale undergoes Tommy John March 30th, 2020
- Mets' Noah Syndergaard reportedly requires Tommy John for elbow injury March 24th, 2020
- Sam Tuivailala released by Mariners March 20th, 2020
- Mets-Marlins in Puerto Rico canceled by COVID-19 March 19th, 2020
- Diamondbacks-Padres April 18-19 Mexico City series canceled March 19th, 2020
- MLB expected to advise teams to end organized group workouts March 15th, 2020
- Toronto's Vladimir Guerrero Jr. likely to bat cleanup in 2020 February 20th, 2020
- Vladimir Guerrero Jr. (knee) out again for Blue Jays in season finale September 29th, 2019
- Breyvic Valera starting on Sunday for Blue Jays September 29th, 2019
- Brandon Drury sitting on Sunday for Blue Jays September 29th, 2019
- Reese McGuire heads to Blue Jays' bench on Saturday September 28th, 2019
- Billy McKinney absent from Blue Jays' lineup on Saturday September 28th, 2019