Giants' Mark Melancon (forearm) likely to be activated Friday
San Francisco Giants reliever Mark Melancon could be activated on Friday, reports Henry Schulman of the San Francisco Chronicle.
Melancon could be a handful of players activated from the disabled list for Friday's game. He has yet to appear in the bigs this season, but he looked well as he worked 3 2/3 scoreless innings in his rehab stint. It probably won't be right away, but he could take back the closer's role from Hunter Strickland.
Our models project Melancon for 16 saves, 39 strikeouts and a 1.39 WHIP the rest of the season.
- Philadelphia's Andrew McCutchen (knee) ready for 2020 season April 4th, 2020
- Cubs-Cardinals London Series officially canceled April 1st, 2020
- Astros' Justin Verlander (groin) on schedule, doing well March 31st, 2020
- Red Sox's Chris Sale undergoes Tommy John March 30th, 2020
- Mets' Noah Syndergaard reportedly requires Tommy John for elbow injury March 24th, 2020
- Sam Tuivailala released by Mariners March 20th, 2020
- Braves' Freddie Freeman (elbow) in lineup for Monday night game March 2nd, 2020
- Braves' Mike Soroka (groin) making debut Friday February 27th, 2020
- Braves' Julio Teheran (hamstring) to debut by Monday February 26th, 2020
- Freddie Freeman (elbow) back for Braves next week February 26th, 2020
- Atlanta's Cole Hamels (shoulder) 'at least a few weeks away from being cleared to throw' February 16th, 2020
- Matt Joyce out of Atlanta's Game 5 lineup October 9th, 2019