Manny Machado to start at shortstop for the Orioles in 2018
Baltimore Orioles third baseman Manny Machado will be the team's starting shortstop in 2018, per manage Buck Showalter.
Machado came up as a shortstop in the minors but was moved to third base to accommodate J.J. Hardy. The superstar has expressed the desire to return to short, and the Orioles have obliged for what is likely his last season in Baltimore. He has played just 50 games in his six-year career at short but earned two Gold Gloves at third. Tim Beckham will slide over to third base this upcoming season.
Machado had a bit of a down season in 2017 posting a wOBA of .328 with 33 home runs and 81 runs scored over 690 plate appearances.
- Ben Gamel dealt to Milwaukee on Friday by Seattle December 21st, 2018
- Mariners acquire Domingo Santana from Milwaukee December 21st, 2018
- Kyle Farmer headed to Cincinnati in seven-player trade December 21st, 2018
- Reds ship Homer Bailey to Los Angeles in seven-player deal December 21st, 2018
- Angels sign Matt Harvey to 1-yr, $11M deal December 18th, 2018
- Yandy Diaz sent to Tampa Bay from Cleveland December 13th, 2018
- Dodgers move Yasiel Puig to Cincinnati on Friday December 21st, 2018
- Alex Wood traded to Cincinnati in seven-player deal December 21st, 2018
- Cincinnati Reds acquire outfielder Matt Kemp in multi-player trade on Friday December 21st, 2018
- Kike Hernandez starting in center field for Dodgers on Sunday October 28th, 2018
- Dodgers' Cody Bellinger not starting in Game 5 on Sunday October 28th, 2018
- Austin Barnes starting for Dodgers in Game 4 October 27th, 2018