Manny Machado to start at shortstop for the Orioles in 2018
Baltimore Orioles third baseman Manny Machado will be the team's starting shortstop in 2018, per manage Buck Showalter.
Machado came up as a shortstop in the minors but was moved to third base to accommodate J.J. Hardy. The superstar has expressed the desire to return to short, and the Orioles have obliged for what is likely his last season in Baltimore. He has played just 50 games in his six-year career at short but earned two Gold Gloves at third. Tim Beckham will slide over to third base this upcoming season.
Machado had a bit of a down season in 2017 posting a wOBA of .328 with 33 home runs and 81 runs scored over 690 plate appearances.
- Howie Kendrick placed on disabled list by Nationals May 19th, 2018
- Rich Hill leaves start for Dodgers with injury May 19th, 2018
- Justin Upton starting for Los Angeles on Saturday May 19th, 2018
- Kole Calhoun in Angels' lineup on Saturday May 19th, 2018
- Ian Kinsler in lineup for Los Angeles on Saturday May 19th, 2018
- Shohei Ohtani not in lineup for Angels on Saturday May 19th, 2018
- Baltimore's Andrew Susac on the bench Saturday night May 19th, 2018
- Danny Valencia returning to Orioles' bench Saturday night May 19th, 2018
- Chance Sisco in at catcher Saturday for Orioles May 19th, 2018
- Orioles' Jace Peterson starting at third base on Saturday night May 19th, 2018
- Joey Rickard out of the lineup as Orioles face Red Sox May 19th, 2018
- Orioles' Pedro Alvarez starting at DH Saturday night May 19th, 2018