Manny Machado to start at shortstop for the Orioles in 2018
Baltimore Orioles third baseman Manny Machado will be the team's starting shortstop in 2018, per manage Buck Showalter.
Machado came up as a shortstop in the minors but was moved to third base to accommodate J.J. Hardy. The superstar has expressed the desire to return to short, and the Orioles have obliged for what is likely his last season in Baltimore. He has played just 50 games in his six-year career at short but earned two Gold Gloves at third. Tim Beckham will slide over to third base this upcoming season.
Machado had a bit of a down season in 2017 posting a wOBA of .328 with 33 home runs and 81 runs scored over 690 plate appearances.
- Rays sign Carlos Gomez to one-year deal February 21st, 2018
- Steven Souza sent to Diamondbacks in three-team deal February 21st, 2018
- Yankees land Brandon Drury from Diamondbacks in three-team trade February 21st, 2018
- Astros prospect Forrest Whitley suspended for violating drug program February 21st, 2018
- Yuli Gurriel will move around infield this season for Astros February 21st, 2018
- Marlins sign Cameron Maybin to one-year deal February 21st, 2018
- Orioles agree to terms with Colby Rasmus February 21st, 2018
- Report: Chris Tillman returning to Orioles February 19th, 2018
- Orioles sign Andrew Cashner to a two-year, $16 million contract February 15th, 2018
- Manny Machado to start at shortstop for the Orioles in 2018 January 28th, 2018
- Orioles say Manny Machado is 'staying put for now' December 21st, 2017
- Orioles' Zach Britton ruptures Achilles Tuesday, expected to miss at least six months December 20th, 2017