Manny Machado to start at shortstop for the Orioles in 2018
Baltimore Orioles third baseman Manny Machado will be the team's starting shortstop in 2018, per manage Buck Showalter.
Machado came up as a shortstop in the minors but was moved to third base to accommodate J.J. Hardy. The superstar has expressed the desire to return to short, and the Orioles have obliged for what is likely his last season in Baltimore. He has played just 50 games in his six-year career at short but earned two Gold Gloves at third. Tim Beckham will slide over to third base this upcoming season.
Machado had a bit of a down season in 2017 posting a wOBA of .328 with 33 home runs and 81 runs scored over 690 plate appearances.
- Ian Kinsler on second base for Red Sox in Game 5 Thursday October 18th, 2018
- Jake Marisnick starting for Houston in Game 5 October 18th, 2018
- Mitch Moreland (hamstring) starting as Red Sox look to eliminate Astros in Game 5 October 18th, 2018
- Josh Reddick not in Houston's Game 5 lineup October 18th, 2018
- Martin Maldonado starting at catcher for Astros on Wednesday October 17th, 2018
- Ian Kinsler on Red Sox's bench in Game 4 Wednesday night October 17th, 2018
- Cody Bellinger leading off for Dodgers versus Brewers in Game 5 October 17th, 2018
- Max Muncy manning second for Dodgers versus Brewers Wednesday October 17th, 2018
- Chris Taylor hitting sixth for Dodgers in Game 5 October 17th, 2018
- Brian Dozier sitting for Dodgers versus Milwaukee in Game 5 October 17th, 2018
- Yasiel Puig out of Dodgers' lineup in Game 5 Wednesday October 17th, 2018
- Cody Bellinger's Game 4 walk-off Tuesday night evens up series for Dodgers October 17th, 2018