Blue Jays acquire Randal Grichuk in trade with Cardinals
The Toronto Blue Jays have acquired outfielder Randal Grichuk from the St. Louis Cardinals.
In exchange for Grichuk, the Cardinals receive right-handed pitchers Dominic Leone and Conner Greene. Leone has bounced around a little, but he's expected to stick in a middle relief role with St. Louis. Greene owns a good fastball, but he's dealt with control issues at the Double-A level. As for Grichuk, he's seen a drop in batting average since first playing full-time in 2015.
In 2017, Grichuk hit .238 with 22 home runs and 59 RBI in 122 games. He's under team control through 2020.
- Ronald Acuña avoids structural damage in elbow, day-to-day for Braves August 16th, 2018
- Joey Wendle batting second for Rays in Thursday's series finale August 16th, 2018
- Matt Duffy on Rays' bench against Yankees August 16th, 2018
- Tommy Pham (foot) active, starting for Tampa Bay on Thursday August 16th, 2018
- Yankees' Kyle Higashioka starting on Thursday afternoon August 16th, 2018
- Gleyber Torres back for Yankees after one-game breather August 16th, 2018
- Devon Travis out for Toronto August 15th, 2018
- Toronto's Kendrys Morales out against the Royals August 15th, 2018
- Richard Urena starting for Toronto on Wednesday August 15th, 2018
- Blue Jays' Danny Jansen returns to the bench August 15th, 2018
- Jays' Luke Maile catching against KC August 15th, 2018
- Randal Grichuk starting for the Blue Jays on Wednesday August 15th, 2018