Blue Jays acquire Randal Grichuk in trade with Cardinals
The Toronto Blue Jays have acquired outfielder Randal Grichuk from the St. Louis Cardinals.
In exchange for Grichuk, the Cardinals receive right-handed pitchers Dominic Leone and Conner Greene. Leone has bounced around a little, but he's expected to stick in a middle relief role with St. Louis. Greene owns a good fastball, but he's dealt with control issues at the Double-A level. As for Grichuk, he's seen a drop in batting average since first playing full-time in 2015.
In 2017, Grichuk hit .238 with 22 home runs and 59 RBI in 122 games. He's under team control through 2020.
- Joey Gallo to serve as Rangers' everyday first baseman in 2018 February 20th, 2018
- Indians' Danny Salazar (shoulder) has progressed to throwing from 75 feet February 20th, 2018
- Brewers' Ryan Braun will only play left field and first base in 2018 February 20th, 2018
- Angels lowering right field wall in 2018 February 20th, 2018
- Alex Cora: Hanley Ramirez is Red Sox' number-three hitter February 20th, 2018
- Report: Phillies, Jake Arrieta 'having dialogue' February 20th, 2018
- Bud Norris and Cardinals agree to one-year deal February 12th, 2018
- Blue Jays acquire Randal Grichuk in trade with Cardinals January 19th, 2018
- Stephen Piscotty traded from Cardinals to Athletics in exchange for minor leaguers December 14th, 2017
- Cardinals acquiring Marlins' Marcell Ozuna December 13th, 2017
- Cardinals' Adam Wainwright has surgery on right elbow October 4th, 2017
- Tommy Pham absent from Cardinals' lineup versus Milwaukee October 1st, 2017