Padres, Brad Hand agree to three-year extension
The San Diego Padres have agreed to a three-year extension with relief pitcher Brad Hand, reports The Athletic's Ken Rosenthal.
The deal is believed to be in the $18-20 million range with a club option for a fourth year. It covers two years of arbitration and one that would have seen Hand head into free agency. He assumed the Padres' closer role midway through the year and will look to do the same as he heads in to the 2018 season.
In 2017, Hand finished the year 3-4 with 21 saves, 104 strikeouts and a 2.16 ERA in 79 1/3 innings.
- Austin Barnes not starting for Los Angeles in Game 3 on Monday October 15th, 2018
- Dodgers' Matt Kemp sitting out Game 3 of the NLCS on Monday October 15th, 2018
- David Freese heads to the Dodgers' bench for Game 3 on Monday October 15th, 2018
- Chris Taylor not in the Dogers' lineup for Game 3 on Monday October 15th, 2018
- Yasmani Grandal catching for Dodgers in Game 3 of National League Championship Series October 15th, 2018
- Cody Bellinger starting for Dodgers against Milwaukee in Game 3 October 15th, 2018
- Brandon Guyer starting for Indians versus Astros in Game 3 October 8th, 2018
- Yandy Diaz playing designated hitter for Indians in Game 3 October 8th, 2018
- Melky Cabrera on bench for Game 3 as Indians try to stay alive October 8th, 2018
- Yonder Alonso sitting for Indians in Game 3 Monday afternoon October 8th, 2018
- Yan Gomes (thumb) behind the bag for Indians against Astros in Game 1 October 5th, 2018
- Yonder Alonso starting for Indians in Game 1 of American League Division Series October 5th, 2018