Stephen Piscotty traded from Cardinals to Athletics in exchange for minor leaguers
St. Louis Cardinals right fielder Stephen Piscotty has been traded to the Oakland Athletics in exchange for shortstop Yairo Munoz and second baseman Max Schrock.
Piscotty will now be closer to his hometown where his mother is struggling with ALS and the Cardinals get a couple young players in return. He also missed time due to injuries last season, playing in a total of 107 games.
In 2017, Piscotty had 80 hits with 9 home runs and 39 RBI, with a .235 average over 341 plate appearances.
- Pirates to release Daniel Nava March 20th, 2018
- Update: Orioles, Alex Cobb agree on four-year deal March 20th, 2018
- Report: Alex Cobb nearing deal with Orioles March 20th, 2018
- White Sox' Jose Abreu (hamstring) diagnosed with muscle strain March 20th, 2018
- Red Sox tab Chris Sale as Opening Day starter March 20th, 2018
- Marlins send Sandy Alcantara to Triple-A March 20th, 2018
- Oakland Khris Davis (illness) will return to action on Wednesday March 20th, 2018
- Kendall Graveman named Athletics' starter for Opening Day again March 20th, 2018
- Trevor Cahill reportedly signs 1-year deal with Athletics March 18th, 2018
- Oakland's Jharel Cotton (elbow) to undergo Tommy John surgery March 17th, 2018
- Athletics' Jharel Cotton (UCL) getting second opinion Friday March 16th, 2018
- Athletics' Jharel Cotton diagnosed with strained UCL March 15th, 2018