Stephen Piscotty traded from Cardinals to Athletics in exchange for minor leaguers
St. Louis Cardinals right fielder Stephen Piscotty has been traded to the Oakland Athletics in exchange for shortstop Yairo Munoz and second baseman Max Schrock.
Piscotty will now be closer to his hometown where his mother is struggling with ALS and the Cardinals get a couple young players in return. He also missed time due to injuries last season, playing in a total of 107 games.
In 2017, Piscotty had 80 hits with 9 home runs and 39 RBI, with a .235 average over 341 plate appearances.
- Report: Giants acquire Andrew McCutchen from Pirates January 15th, 2018
- Astros officially acquire Gerrit Cole from Pirates January 13th, 2018
- Padres, Brad Hand agree to three-year extension January 13th, 2018
- Twins sign Addison Reed to two-year deal January 13th, 2018
- Blue Jays' Josh Donaldson receives record $23 million to avoid arbitration January 12th, 2018
- Jay Bruce back with Mets on three-year deal January 11th, 2018
- Stephen Piscotty traded from Cardinals to Athletics in exchange for minor leaguers December 14th, 2017
- Cardinals acquiring Marlins' Marcell Ozuna December 13th, 2017
- Cardinals' Adam Wainwright has surgery on right elbow October 4th, 2017
- Tommy Pham absent from Cardinals' lineup versus Milwaukee October 1st, 2017
- Jose Martinez on Cardinals' bench for Sunday's regular-season finale October 1st, 2017
- Stephen Piscotty absent from Cardinals' lineup against Brewers October 1st, 2017