Stephen Piscotty traded from Cardinals to Athletics in exchange for minor leaguers
St. Louis Cardinals right fielder Stephen Piscotty has been traded to the Oakland Athletics in exchange for shortstop Yairo Munoz and second baseman Max Schrock.
Piscotty will now be closer to his hometown where his mother is struggling with ALS and the Cardinals get a couple young players in return. He also missed time due to injuries last season, playing in a total of 107 games.
In 2017, Piscotty had 80 hits with 9 home runs and 39 RBI, with a .235 average over 341 plate appearances.
- Cardinals acquire Paul Goldschmidt from the Diamondbacks December 5th, 2018
- Nationals sign pitcher Patrick Corbin to 6-year, $140M deal December 4th, 2018
- Jay Bruce headed to Seattle as part of Robinson Cano trade December 3rd, 2018
- Seattle finalizes Edwin Diaz trade to the New York Mets December 3rd, 2018
- Seattle's Robinson Cano long-rumoured trade to Mets finally official December 3rd, 2018
- Carlos Santana dealt to Seattle from Philadelphia on Monday December 3rd, 2018
- Jonathan Lucroy starting behind the plate on Wednesday in the Wild Card Game October 3rd, 2018
- Josh Phegley not starting for Oakland in the Wild Card Game October 3rd, 2018
- Liam Hendriks to be A's 'opener' in Wild Card Game on Wednesday October 2nd, 2018
- Athletics' Ramon Laureano drops to seven-hole Sunday September 30th, 2018
- Mark Canha on Athletics' bench Sunday afternoon September 30th, 2018
- Matt Olson returns to Athletics' lineup Sunday September 30th, 2018