Stephen Piscotty traded from Cardinals to Athletics in exchange for minor leaguers
St. Louis Cardinals right fielder Stephen Piscotty has been traded to the Oakland Athletics in exchange for shortstop Yairo Munoz and second baseman Max Schrock.
Piscotty will now be closer to his hometown where his mother is struggling with ALS and the Cardinals get a couple young players in return. He also missed time due to injuries last season, playing in a total of 107 games.
In 2017, Piscotty had 80 hits with 9 home runs and 39 RBI, with a .235 average over 341 plate appearances.
- Victor Caratini sitting for Cubs on Tuesday September 25th, 2018
- Cubs' Willson Contreras starting at catcher on Tuesday September 25th, 2018
- Dansby Swanson starting for Braves Tuesday September 25th, 2018
- Ozzie Albies back in Braves' lineup Tuesday September 25th, 2018
- Kurt Suzuki starting for Atlanta in Tuesday's series opener September 25th, 2018
- Johan Camargo in Braves' lineup versus Mets September 25th, 2018
- Jed Lowrie back at second base on Monday for the A's September 24th, 2018
- Mark Canha starting in left for Oakland on Monday September 24th, 2018
- Nick Martini out of the lineup on Monday for Oakland September 24th, 2018
- Chad Pinder not in the Oakland lineup on Monday September 24th, 2018
- Stephen Piscotty batting third for Athletics Sunday September 23rd, 2018
- Jed Lowrie on Athletics' bench against Twins September 23rd, 2018