Stephen Piscotty traded from Cardinals to Athletics in exchange for minor leaguers
St. Louis Cardinals right fielder Stephen Piscotty has been traded to the Oakland Athletics in exchange for shortstop Yairo Munoz and second baseman Max Schrock.
Piscotty will now be closer to his hometown where his mother is struggling with ALS and the Cardinals get a couple young players in return. He also missed time due to injuries last season, playing in a total of 107 games.
In 2017, Piscotty had 80 hits with 9 home runs and 39 RBI, with a .235 average over 341 plate appearances.
- Giants' Hunter Strickland breaks hand, out 6-to-8 weeks June 19th, 2018
- Gorkys Hernandez moves down to eighth in Giants' lineup on Tuesday June 19th, 2018
- Joe Panik leading off for Giants versus Marlins June 19th, 2018
- Alen Hanson in Giants' Tuesday lineup June 19th, 2018
- Mike Foltynewicz (triceps) scheduled to come off Braves' DL on Sunday June 19th, 2018
- Kelby Tomlinson sitting for San Francisco on Tuesday June 19th, 2018
- Franklin Barreto out of the A's lineup on Tuesday June 19th, 2018
- Franklin Barreto starting at second for Oakland on Saturday June 16th, 2018
- Jonathan Lucroy is in the Oakland lineup on Saturday June 16th, 2018
- Oakland rests Jonathan Lucroy versus Los Angeles June 15th, 2018
- Dustin Fowler out of Athletics' lineup on Friday June 15th, 2018
- Josh Phegley catching for Friday's Oakland game June 15th, 2018