Cardinals acquiring Marlins' Marcell Ozuna
The St. Louis Cardinals are set to acquire Miami Marlins outfielder Marcell Ozuna, according to Sirius XM's Craig Mish.
Others have confirmed the deal, which has been in the works over the last 48 hours or so. It's likely that the Marlins will get back some young pitching and other prospects. It's the second star outfielder that the Marlins have unloaded after sending Giancarlo Stanton to the New York Yankees just a few days ago.
With a 2.87 nERD this season, Ozuna ranked as the 31st-best player in our final power rankings. He hit 37 home runs with 124 RBI and a .393 wOBA over 159 games in 2017.
- Kevin Kiermaier 'very upset' over Rays' recent moves February 19th, 2018
- Nationals' Bryce Harper not talking beyond 2018 season February 19th, 2018
- Blue Jays' Josh Donaldson expects to become free agent following 2018 season February 19th, 2018
- Toronto's Troy Tulowitzki (heel) unsure if he'll be ready for Opening Day February 19th, 2018
- Red Sox still 'open' to signing J.D. Martinez February 19th, 2018
- Reds' outfield will be 'rotational unless performance dictates otherwise' February 19th, 2018
- Marlins trade Christian Yelich to Brewers in 5-player deal January 25th, 2018
- Christian Yelich's relationship with Marlins 'irrevocably broken' January 16th, 2018
- Marlins 'intend to hold onto' Christian Yelich December 13th, 2017
- Cardinals acquiring Marlins' Marcell Ozuna December 13th, 2017
- Marlins will receive Starlin Castro, prospects in Giancarlo Stanton deal December 9th, 2017
- Deal reportedly in place to send Marlins' Giancarlo Stanton to Yankees December 9th, 2017