Astros' Yulieski Gurriel suspended five games in 2018 for gesture
Houston Astros first baseman Yulieski Gurriel will serve a five-game suspension in 2018 for an offensive gesture made about Yu Darvish on Friday.
Gurriel will not be suspended during the World Series, and will instead serve his ban at the beginning of next season.
Gurriel has performed well at the plate this postseason, hitting .340/.386/.547 with 1 home run, 6 doubles, 4 runs, and 5 RBIs.
- Jordan Zimmermann named Tigers' Opening Day starter March 17th, 2018
- Bannister: Rangers' Joey Gallo batting second 'a real possibility' March 17th, 2018
- White Sox tag veteran James Shields as Opening Day starter March 17th, 2018
- Javier Baez (hamstring) returning to the field Sunday for Cubs March 17th, 2018
- Mets' Yoenis Cespedes (wrist) will return to action on Monday March 17th, 2018
- Mariners' Erasmo Ramirez (shoudler) not expected to be ready for start of regular season March 17th, 2018
- Justin Verlander named Astros' Opening Day starter March 5th, 2018
- Astros' Yuli Gurriel (hand) undergoing surgery on Wednesday February 28th, 2018
- Astros' Yulieski Gurriel travels to have hand examined February 27th, 2018
- Astros prospect Forrest Whitley suspended for violating drug program February 21st, 2018
- Yuli Gurriel will move around infield this season for Astros February 21st, 2018
- Update: 'No deal' between Astros and Pirates on Gerrit Cole January 10th, 2018