Hector Rondon replacing Justin Wilson on Cubs' NLCS roster
Chicago Cubs relief pitcher Hector Rondon will replace Justin Wilson on the team's NLCS roster, reports the Daily Herald's Bruce Miles.
Rondon was not a part of the NLDS roster due to some concerns over his health. But, in the next round, he will step in for Justin Wilson, who has pitched just 2/3 of an inning in one postseason appearance to date. With the Cubs' opponent, the Los Angeles Dodgers, down a left-handed bat in Corey Seager, Rondon makes sense as a right-handed hurler.
At 29, Rondon is an experienced postseason pitcher. In the last 2 years, he has pitched to a 4.09 ERA and 1.36 WHIP across 11 innings and 12 appearances.
- Rays expect 'zero limitations' for Blake Snell (elbow) during future spring training May 25th, 2020
- Yankees' Aaron Hicks progressing in his rehab from Tommy John surgery May 14th, 2020
- James Paxton (back) throwing simulated innings in preparation for Yankees' season May 14th, 2020
- Yankees' Aaron Judge (rib) wouldn't have been ready until "summertime" May 14th, 2020
- Rangers' Willie Calhoun (jaw) 'back up to 100 percent' May 2nd, 2020
- Heyman: 'Early July remains MLB's target' for 2020 regular season May 2nd, 2020
- Diamondbacks-Padres April 18-19 Mexico City series canceled March 19th, 2020
- Caleb Joseph catching for Diamondbacks Sunday afternoon September 29th, 2019
- Adam Jones on Diamondbacks' bench in Sunday's finale September 29th, 2019
- Wilmer Flores starting Sunday as Diamondbacks close year September 29th, 2019
- Arizona's Alex Avila starting behind the plate on Saturday September 28th, 2019
- Diamondbacks' Jake Lamb hitting in the fifth spot on Saturday September 28th, 2019