Hector Rondon replacing Justin Wilson on Cubs' NLCS roster
Chicago Cubs relief pitcher Hector Rondon will replace Justin Wilson on the team's NLCS roster, reports the Daily Herald's Bruce Miles.
Rondon was not a part of the NLDS roster due to some concerns over his health. But, in the next round, he will step in for Justin Wilson, who has pitched just 2/3 of an inning in one postseason appearance to date. With the Cubs' opponent, the Los Angeles Dodgers, down a left-handed bat in Corey Seager, Rondon makes sense as a right-handed hurler.
At 29, Rondon is an experienced postseason pitcher. In the last 2 years, he has pitched to a 4.09 ERA and 1.36 WHIP across 11 innings and 12 appearances.
- Chris Iannetta starting for Rockies on Sunday June 16th, 2019
- Raimel Tapia starting for Rockies on Sunday June 16th, 2019
- Daniel Murphy starting on Sunday for Rockies June 16th, 2019
- Mark Reynolds starting for Rockies on Sunday June 16th, 2019
- Tony Wolters sitting on Sunday for Colorado June 16th, 2019
- David Dahl not in Rockies' Sunday lineup June 16th, 2019
- Robinson Chirinos sitting on Sunday for Houston June 16th, 2019
- Tony Kemp in Houston's Sunday lineup June 16th, 2019
- Garrett Stubbs sitting on Sunday for Astros June 16th, 2019
- Yuli Gurriel not in Astros' Sunday lineup June 16th, 2019
- Myles Straw starting on Saturday for Houston June 15th, 2019
- Jack Mayfield starting on Saturday for Astros June 15th, 2019