Dusty Coleman in the Padres' starting lineup on Wednesday
San Diego Padres infielder Dusty Coleman is in the starting lineup against the Philadelphia Phillies on Wednesday.
Jose Pirela is getting the day off, and Yangervis Solarte will bump over to third base while Corey Spangenberg covers left field, leaving room for Coleman to enter the lineup at shortstop. He will bat eighth against Phillies' righty Nick Pivetta.
Coleman has a strong 52.2% hard-hit rate and .389 wOBA in a small 42 plate appearance sample against right-handed pitching this season. His 40.5% strikeout rate gives him a low floor, but he does offer some interesting upside while priced at minimum-salary ($2,000) on FanDuel.
- Athletics' Matt Chapman undergoing MRI on right hand February 22nd, 2018
- Pirates acquire Corey Dickerson from Rays February 22nd, 2018
- Daniel Hudson headed to Rays after trade with Pirates February 22nd, 2018
- Dodgers' Austin Barnes dealing with elbow discomfort February 22nd, 2018
- Angels' Chris Young dealing with Grade 1 right calf strain February 22nd, 2018
- Rays sign Carlos Gomez to one-year deal February 21st, 2018
- Padres make Eric Hosmer deal official February 20th, 2018
- Padres reportedly reach deal with free agent Eric Hosmer February 18th, 2018
- Padres, Brad Hand agree to three-year extension January 13th, 2018
- Padres acquire Chase Headley and Bryan Mitchell in trade with Yankees December 12th, 2017
- Austin Hedges absent from Padres' lineup versus Giants October 1st, 2017
- Rocky Gale in at catcher on Sunday for San Diego October 1st, 2017