Cardinals option Stephen Piscotty to Triple-A
The St. Louis Cardinals have optioned outfielder Stephen Piscotty to Triple-A Memphis.
With Dexter Fowler coming off the DL Monday, the Cards outfield was pretty crowded, prompting the move. Piscotty ended up being the odd man out, despite signing a $33.5 million extension. He will try to work some things out in the minors and hopefully be back up later this season. Randal Grichuk and Jose Martinez will split playing time in right field in the interim.
Piscotty was hitting .232 with a .312 wOBA, 6 home runs and a 29.5% hard-hit rate over 291 plate appearances this year.
- Houston's Jose Altuve named the 2017 American League MVP November 16th, 2017
- Marlins' Giancarlo Stanton wins NL MVP November 16th, 2017
- Cody Bellinger of the Dodgers named National League Rookie of the Year November 13th, 2017
- Yankees' Aaron Judge unanimous winner of American League Rookie of the Year November 13th, 2017
- George Springer, Astros defeat Dodgers in Game 7 for first World Series title November 2nd, 2017
- Astros' Yulieski Gurriel suspended five games in 2018 for gesture October 28th, 2017
- Cardinals' Adam Wainwright has surgery on right elbow October 4th, 2017
- Tommy Pham absent from Cardinals' lineup versus Milwaukee October 1st, 2017
- Jose Martinez on Cardinals' bench for Sunday's regular-season finale October 1st, 2017
- Stephen Piscotty absent from Cardinals' lineup against Brewers October 1st, 2017
- Paul DeJong not starting for Cardinals on Sunday October 1st, 2017
- Harrison Bader is in the Cardinals' lineup on Saturday September 30th, 2017