Yankees release Chris Carter
The New York Yankees have released first baseman Chris Carter.
Reports arose last night of the move and it has since been confirmed by the Yankees' public relations department. Carter led the NL in home runs a year ago, so he shouldn't be on the market for long. Meanwhile, Ji-Man Choi will play some first base, but that could just be until the Yankees make a trade for a proven slugger at the position.
This season, Carter has just 8 home runs and a .290 wOBA in 208 plate appearances. He's a year removed from a 41-homer season with the Milwaukee Brewers.
- Philadelphia's Jay Bruce exits Saturday's game with left hamstring tightness June 15th, 2019
- Yankees reportedly acquire Edwin Encarnacion from Seattle on Saturday June 15th, 2019
- Diamondbacks will open with Archie Bradley on Sunday June 15th, 2019
- Kansas City's Hunter Dozier (chest) on track to return next week June 15th, 2019
- Saturday's Yankees-White Sox game delayed, expected to start at 7:40 PM EST June 15th, 2019
- Colorado's Daniel Murphy scratched, Mark Reynolds will start on Saturday June 15th, 2019
- Oakland's Stephen Piscotty (melanoma) not expected to land on IL June 14th, 2019
- Tanner Anderson to make another start for Oakland on Sunday June 14th, 2019
- Athletics' Chad Pinder hitting in the fifth spot on Friday June 14th, 2019
- Oakland's Mark Canha batting second on Friday June 14th, 2019
- Chad Pinder on Athletics' bench Wednesday June 12th, 2019
- Josh Phegley sitting Wednesday for Athletics June 12th, 2019