Jurickson Profar starting for Rangers after being recalled Wednesday
Texas Rangers outfielder Jurickson Profar is starting on Wednesday against the Boston Red Sox.
Profar was recalled from Triple-A Round Rock on Wednesday. He's starting at shortstop in place of Elvis Andrus (paternity leave) and batting seventh versus Boston right-hander Doug Fister.
The 24-year-old former top prospect slashed .137/.279/.137 with 14 strikeouts in 65 prior plate appearances in the majors this season.
- Jordan Zimmermann named Tigers' Opening Day starter March 17th, 2018
- White Sox tag veteran James Shields as Opening Day starter March 17th, 2018
- Javier Baez (hamstring) returning to the field Sunday for Cubs March 17th, 2018
- Mets' Yoenis Cespedes (wrist) will return to action on Monday March 17th, 2018
- Mariners' Erasmo Ramirez (shoudler) not expected to be ready for start of regular season March 17th, 2018
- Oakland's Jharel Cotton (elbow) to undergo Tommy John surgery March 17th, 2018
- Bannister: Rangers' Joey Gallo batting second 'a real possibility' March 17th, 2018
- Delino DeShields will start in center field, bat leadoff for Rangers this season March 11th, 2018
- Tim Lincecum finalizes one-year deal with Rangers March 7th, 2018
- Report: Tim Lincecum will sign with Rangers February 27th, 2018
- Joey Gallo to serve as Rangers' everyday first baseman in 2018 February 20th, 2018
- Rangers will not sign Seung Hwan Oh February 17th, 2018