Nationals call up Trevor Gott
The Washington Nationals are calling up reliever Trevor Gott, FOX Sports' Ken Rosenthal reports.
The 24-year-old Gott could get high-leverage looks out of the gate given that Koda Glover (back) just landed on the disabled list and both Blake Treinen and Shawn Kelley have struggled badly. Matt Albers seems like the best bet for saves right now among Nationals relievers.
Gott had a 3.30 ERA, 22.2 percent strikeout rate, and 4.8 percent walk rate in 30 innings this season at Triple-A Syracuse.
- Carlos Beltran stepping down as manager of Mets January 16th, 2020
- Nationals defeat Astros in Game 7, Stephen Strasburg named World Series MVP October 31st, 2019
- Kurt Suzuki (hip) scratched from Nationals' Game 7 lineup, Yan Gomes now catching Max Scherzer October 30th, 2019
- Robinson Chirinos starting for Houston in Game 6 October 29th, 2019
- Martin Maldonado sitting for Houston in Game 6 October 29th, 2019
- Josh Reddick in Astros' Game 6 lineup October 29th, 2019
- Kevin Pillar riding pine for Giants in season finale September 29th, 2019
- Brandon Crawford starting for Giants in season finale September 29th, 2019
- Brandon Belt on first as Giants finish season versus Dodgers September 29th, 2019
- Giants' Joey Rickard starting in left field on Saturday September 28th, 2019
- San Francisco's Jaylin Davis in right field on Saturday September 28th, 2019
- Buster Posey returns to San Francisco's lineup on Saturday September 28th, 2019