Twins to place Phil Hughes (shoulder) on the disabled list
Minnesota Twins pitcher Phil Hughes (shoulder) will be placed on the 10-day disabled list.
Hughes is dealing with stiffness in his throwing shoulder, and there's some room for concern that this may turn into a long-term issue, as he said that he's experiencing "a lot of the same symptoms I was experiencing last year" when he ended up going under the knife.
Hughes has struggled in 2017, with a 5.74 ERA, 5.00 SIERA, 14.3 percent strikeout rate and 1.51 WHIP through nine starts (47 innings pitched).
- Rays' Austin Meadows batting third in Game 6 on Tuesday October 27th, 2020
- Ji-Man Choi batting leadoff for Rays in Game 6 on Tuesday October 27th, 2020
- Dodgers' A.J. Pollock batting eighth in Game 6 on Tuesday October 27th, 2020
- Dodgers' Joc Pederson batting eighth in Game 5 on Sunday October 25th, 2020
- Austin Barnes catching for Dodgers in Game 5 of the World Series on Sunday October 25th, 2020
- Joey Wendle batting sixth for Rays in Game 5 on Sunday October 25th, 2020
- San Diego's Mitch Moreland hitting sixth on Thursday October 8th, 2020
- Jason Castro starting behind the plate for Padres in Thursday's Game 3 lineup October 8th, 2020
- Padres' Mike Clevinger starting NLDS Game 1 against Dodgers on Tuesday October 6th, 2020
- Padres' Jurickson Profar batting ninth in NLDS Game 1 on Tuesday October 6th, 2020
- San Diego's Mitch Moreland hitting sixth on Thursday October 1st, 2020
- Trent Grisham in Padres' Game 1 lineup Wednesday September 30th, 2020