Reds' reliever Raisel Iglesias getting elbow and back examined
Cincinnati Reds relief pitcher Raisel Iglesias was scheduled to have his right elbow and back examined on Monday.
Iglesias has been complaining of a sore back and elbow, but the team does not believe it is anything serious. They scheduled the MRI just to be safe. The pitcher was moved out of the starting rotation last season due to concerns about his durability. While the team will not designate a closer at this point, Iglesias will get the first crack at earning the job, if healthy.
Iglesias twirled a 2.53 ERA, 1.14 WHIP and 25.5 strikeout percentage across 78 1/3 innings (37 games) last season.
- Twins choose Ervin Santana to start Opening Day March 28th, 2017
- Dodgers to have Julio Urias open 2017 in minors March 28th, 2017
- Padres sending Jhoulys Chacin to the mound for opener March 28th, 2017
- White Sox's Carlos Rodon (biceps) doesn't have structural damage March 28th, 2017
- Rays improve outfield by acquiring Peter Bourjos from White Sox March 28th, 2017
- Michael Brantley (shoulder) ramping things up for Indians March 28th, 2017
- Reds' Devin Mesoraco (hip, shoulder) out for Opening Day March 27th, 2017
- Reds' Raisel Iglesias suffered elbow, hips injuries March 23rd, 2017
- Reds' Raisel Iglesias (elbow) didn't suffer any structural damage March 23rd, 2017
- Devin Mesoraco (hip, shoulder) not confident he'll be ready for Reds' opener March 21st, 2017
- Reds' reliever Raisel Iglesias getting elbow and back examined March 20th, 2017
- Reds' Anthony DeSclafani out next four weeks with UCL sprain March 13th, 2017