Rangers place Josh Hamilton on release waivers
The Texas Rangers activated outfielder Josh Hamilton from the 60-day disabled list and then placed him on unconditional release waivers.
In June, Hamilton had surgery for an ACL injury, as well as to repair arterial and meniscus cartilage in his left knee. He is still owed $28.4 million for next season, but the Los Angeles Angels are responsible for covering most of that. Hamilton didn't appear in a single big league game this season -- he played in one minor league contest -- and will turn 36 years-old in May. He'll likely have trouble finding suitors on the free agent market.
Hamilton hasn't played more than 89 games in a season since 2013 and has slashed .260/.318/.423 since that season. This is down from a career line of .295/.354/.530 entering the 2014 season.
- Stephen Vogt starting for Diamondbacks versus Brewers June 23rd, 2021
- Nick Ahmed sitting for Arizona Wednesday afternoon June 23rd, 2021
- Christian Yelich on Brewers' bench Wednesday afternoon June 23rd, 2021
- Ketel Marte (hamstring) out of Diamondbacks' lineup Wednesday June 23rd, 2021
- Tigers' Isaac Paredes at shortstop Wednesday afternoon June 23rd, 2021
- Miguel Cabrera (calf) sidelined for Detroit in Wednesday matinee June 23rd, 2021
- Nick Solak in Rangers' Tuesday lineup June 22nd, 2021
- Brock Holt sitting on Tuesday for Texas June 22nd, 2021
- Nate Lowe sitting on Tuesday for Rangers June 22nd, 2021
- Charlie Culberson starting for Texas on Tuesday June 22nd, 2021
- Andy Ibanez starting at second base for Rangers Monday June 21st, 2021
- Willie Calhoun back in Rangers' lineup Monday June 21st, 2021