Dodgers get Jesse Chavez from Blue Jays
The Los Angeles Dodgers have acquired pitcher Jesse Chavez from the Toronto Blue Jays, according to FOX Sports' Ken Rosenthal.
It's not yet known what Toronto will receive in return. Chavez, 32 years-old, owns a 4.57 ERA and a 24.28 strikeout percentage (league average is 21.00 percent) in 41 1/3 innings this season. He's only appeared out of the bullpen this season, but has made 49 starts in his career.
Chavez owns a 3.85 xFIP this season, significantly lower than his ERA. Our models project him to record a 3.91 ERA and a 21.28 strikeout percentage over the rest of the year. The Dodgers currently have the eighth-best team bullpen xFIP (3.93) this season.
- Cubs-Cardinals London Series officially canceled April 1st, 2020
- Astros' Justin Verlander (groin) on schedule, doing well March 31st, 2020
- Red Sox's Chris Sale undergoes Tommy John March 30th, 2020
- Mets' Noah Syndergaard reportedly requires Tommy John for elbow injury March 24th, 2020
- Sam Tuivailala released by Mariners March 20th, 2020
- Mets-Marlins in Puerto Rico canceled by COVID-19 March 19th, 2020
- Rangers' Willie Calhoun suffered fractured jaw Sunday March 8th, 2020
- Rangers' Willie Calhoun taken to hospital after being hit by a pitch March 8th, 2020
- Danny Santana to open as Rangers' primary center fielder in 2020 March 5th, 2020
- Scott Heineman sitting on Sunday for Texas September 29th, 2019
- Nick Solak not in Rangers' Sunday lineup September 29th, 2019
- Isiah Kiner-Falefa in Texas' Saturday lineup against New York September 28th, 2019