Ketel Marte goes on disabled list with mononucleosis
Seattle Mariners shortstop Ketel Marte will be placed on the disabled list after being diagnosed with mononucleosis.
Marte missed a week of action with what was described as a stomach illness, but mono is much more serious. Hopefully he won't need longer than the 15 days of rest to get over the illness, but while he is out Shawn O'Malley and Luis Sardinas will platoon at shortstop.
Marte has 19 RBI's and eight steals on the year, while posting a meager .284 wOBA in 300 plate appearances. Our models currently project him to record a .300 wOBA with 15 RBI's and another seven steals over the remainder of the season.
- Indians' Giovanny Urshela is starting at third base Wednesday September 20th, 2017
- Yandy Diaz is out Wednesday for Cleveland September 20th, 2017
- Yonder Alonso batting sixth Wednesday for Mariners September 20th, 2017
- Danny Valencia absent from Mariners' lineup on Wednesday September 20th, 2017
- Jabari Blash starting for Padres against Diamondbacks September 20th, 2017
- Erick Aybar back at shortstop Wednesday in San Diego September 20th, 2017
- Diamondbacks' Chris Iannetta is sitting out Wednesday September 20th, 2017
- Chris Herrmann is in Diamondbacks' lineup on Wednesday September 20th, 2017
- Daniel Descalso will bat fifth Wednesday for Arizona September 20th, 2017
- Ketel Marte is batting second Wednesday for Arizona September 20th, 2017
- Jake Lamb is back in Diamondbacks' lineup against Padres September 20th, 2017
- David Peralta (quad) returns to Diamondbacks' Wednesday lineup September 20th, 2017