Ketel Marte goes on disabled list with mononucleosis
Seattle Mariners shortstop Ketel Marte will be placed on the disabled list after being diagnosed with mononucleosis.
Marte missed a week of action with what was described as a stomach illness, but mono is much more serious. Hopefully he won't need longer than the 15 days of rest to get over the illness, but while he is out Shawn O'Malley and Luis Sardinas will platoon at shortstop.
Marte has 19 RBI's and eight steals on the year, while posting a meager .284 wOBA in 300 plate appearances. Our models currently project him to record a .300 wOBA with 15 RBI's and another seven steals over the remainder of the season.
- Joey Gallo to serve as Rangers' everyday first baseman in 2018 February 20th, 2018
- Indians' Danny Salazar (shoulder) has progressed to throwing from 75 feet February 20th, 2018
- Brewers' Ryan Braun will only play left field and first base in 2018 February 20th, 2018
- Angels lowering right field wall in 2018 February 20th, 2018
- Alex Cora: Hanley Ramirez is Red Sox' number-three hitter February 20th, 2018
- Report: Phillies, Jake Arrieta 'having dialogue' February 20th, 2018
- Diamondbacks sign Jarrod Dyson to two-year deal February 20th, 2018
- Diamondbacks sign Alex Avila to two-year deal January 31st, 2018
- Daniel Descalso drops to seventh in Arizona's Game 3 batting order October 9th, 2017
- Jake Lamb will bat fifth Monday in Arizona for Game 3 October 9th, 2017
- Chris Iannetta out of Diamondbacks' Game 3 lineup October 9th, 2017
- Arizona's Jeff Mathis back at catcher for Game 3 of NLDS October 9th, 2017