Ketel Marte goes on disabled list with mononucleosis
Seattle Mariners shortstop Ketel Marte will be placed on the disabled list after being diagnosed with mononucleosis.
Marte missed a week of action with what was described as a stomach illness, but mono is much more serious. Hopefully he won't need longer than the 15 days of rest to get over the illness, but while he is out Shawn O'Malley and Luis Sardinas will platoon at shortstop.
Marte has 19 RBI's and eight steals on the year, while posting a meager .284 wOBA in 300 plate appearances. Our models currently project him to record a .300 wOBA with 15 RBI's and another seven steals over the remainder of the season.
- Maikel Franco starting for Phillies against Cardinals June 20th, 2018
- Teoscar Hernandez moves up to the leadoff spot for Toronto on Wednesday June 20th, 2018
- Aaron Altherr not starting for Phillies against Cardinals June 20th, 2018
- Rajai Davis getting Wednesday afternoon off for Cleveland June 20th, 2018
- Nick Williams (nose) returns for Phillies on Wednesday June 20th, 2018
- Lonnie Chisenhall getting a start in right field Wednesday in Cleveland June 20th, 2018
- Diamondbacks in contact with Orioles about Manny Machado trade June 19th, 2018
- Jeff Mathis sitting for Diamondbacks on Tuesday June 19th, 2018
- John Ryan Murphy starting for Diamondbacks on Tuesday June 19th, 2018
- Jeff Mathis starting for Arizona on Monday June 18th, 2018
- Alex Avila on Diamondbacks' bench versus Angels June 18th, 2018
- Daniel Descalso playing designated hitter as Diamondbacks visit Angels June 18th, 2018