Ketel Marte goes on disabled list with mononucleosis
Seattle Mariners shortstop Ketel Marte will be placed on the disabled list after being diagnosed with mononucleosis.
Marte missed a week of action with what was described as a stomach illness, but mono is much more serious. Hopefully he won't need longer than the 15 days of rest to get over the illness, but while he is out Shawn O'Malley and Luis Sardinas will platoon at shortstop.
Marte has 19 RBI's and eight steals on the year, while posting a meager .284 wOBA in 300 plate appearances. Our models currently project him to record a .300 wOBA with 15 RBI's and another seven steals over the remainder of the season.
- Yankees' outfielder Aaron Judge undergoes shoulder surgery November 21st, 2017
- Houston's Jose Altuve named the 2017 American League MVP November 16th, 2017
- Marlins' Giancarlo Stanton wins NL MVP November 16th, 2017
- Cody Bellinger of the Dodgers named National League Rookie of the Year November 13th, 2017
- Yankees' Aaron Judge unanimous winner of American League Rookie of the Year November 13th, 2017
- George Springer, Astros defeat Dodgers in Game 7 for first World Series title November 2nd, 2017
- Daniel Descalso drops to seventh in Arizona's Game 3 batting order October 9th, 2017
- Jake Lamb will bat fifth Monday in Arizona for Game 3 October 9th, 2017
- Chris Iannetta out of Diamondbacks' Game 3 lineup October 9th, 2017
- Arizona's Jeff Mathis back at catcher for Game 3 of NLDS October 9th, 2017
- A.J. Pollock drops to sixth in Diamondbacks' Game 3 lineup October 9th, 2017
- Ketel Marte hitting second in NLDS Game 3 in Arizona October 9th, 2017