Marco Estrada won't return to Blue Jays rotation until after All-Star break
Toronto Blue Jays pitcher Marco Estrada (back) will not return to the rotation until the team's first homestand following the All-Star break.
Estrada received a cortisone injection in his back earlier this week, which helped alleviate some of his discomfort, but the Blue Jays won't take any chances. Drew Hutchison will take his start against the Detroit Tigers on Thursday. The tentative plan is for Estrada to return to the rotation during the team's first post-All-Star break homestand.
Hutchison was re-called on Saturday and pitched one inning of relief against the Cleveland Indians that same day, allowing two runs on three hits. He'll face a Detroit lineup that owns the seventh-best team wOBA (.330) this season, while scoring the 10th most runs.
- Carlos Beltran stepping down as manager of Mets January 16th, 2020
- Nationals defeat Astros in Game 7, Stephen Strasburg named World Series MVP October 31st, 2019
- Kurt Suzuki (hip) scratched from Nationals' Game 7 lineup, Yan Gomes now catching Max Scherzer October 30th, 2019
- Robinson Chirinos starting for Houston in Game 6 October 29th, 2019
- Martin Maldonado sitting for Houston in Game 6 October 29th, 2019
- Josh Reddick in Astros' Game 6 lineup October 29th, 2019
- Oakland's Robbie Grossman starting in Wednesday's AL Wild Card game against Tampa Bay October 2nd, 2019
- Sean Murphy catching for Oakland in AL Wild Card game on Wednesday October 2nd, 2019
- Oakland's Matt Olson batting cleanup in AL Wild Card game against Tampa Bay October 2nd, 2019
- Oakland's Mark Canha starting in Wednesday's AL Wild Card game against the Rays October 2nd, 2019
- Matt Chapman hitting third for Oakland in AL Wild Card game on Wednesday October 2nd, 2019
- Oakland's Ramon Laureano batting second versus Tampa Bay in AL Wild Card game October 2nd, 2019