Blake Rutherford absent Wednesday afternoon for Washington
Washington Nationals outfielder Blake Rutherford is not in the lineup for Wednesday afternoon's series finale against the Chicago White Sox.
Rutherford started and went 0-for-2 on Tuesday night after being recalled from the minors earlier in the day. Jake Alu will replace Rutherford in left field and bat eighth.
numberFire’s models project Alu ($2,400) for 6.9 FanDuel points on Wednesday. Per our MLB Heat Map, the Nationals' implied total is 4.69 and the game total is 9.0. Jesse Scholtens is expected to be the White Sox's primary pitcher on Wednesday and his strikeout rate (15.7%) is in the bottom 6th percentile of qualified pitchers this season.
- Arizona's Evan Longoria taking over third base in Wednesday's World Series Game 5 matchup November 1st, 2023
- Rangers take Adolis Garcia (oblique) and Max Scherzer (back) off World Series roster October 31st, 2023
- Rangers starting Travis Jankowski in right field on Tuesday October 31st, 2023
- Adolis Garcia (side) out of Rangers' Tuesday World Series Game 4 lineup October 31st, 2023
- Diamondbacks starting Emmanuel Rivera at third base in Tuesday's World Series Game 4 matchup October 31st, 2023
- Arizona's Alek Thomas taking over center field in Friday's World Series Game 1 matchup October 27th, 2023
- Jake Alu sitting for Nationals Sunday October 1st, 2023
- Alex Call batting seventh for Washington Sunday October 1st, 2023
- Luis Garcia sitting for Nationals Sunday October 1st, 2023
- Ildemaro Vargas hitting sixth for Nats Sunday October 1st, 2023
- Nationals' Carter Kieboom batting sixth on Friday September 29th, 2023
- Nationals starting Ildemaro Vargas at third base on Tuesday September 26th, 2023