Jacob deGrom confirmed for Rangers' Opening Day
Texas Rangers pitcher Jacob deGrom has been named the Opening Day starter against the Philadelphia Phillies.
deGrom is expected to be limited to around 75-80 pitches in his Rangers debut after dealing with a side issue for most of this spring. The 34-year-old right-hander signed a five-year, $185 million contract with the Rangers after spending the first nine seasons of his career with the New York Mets.
numberFire's models project deGrom to score 27.7 FanDuel points on Opening Day. He's expected to record a 2.79 ERA and 0.89 WHIP over the course of the season, with 205 strikeouts and 33 walks.
- Friday's game between Rays and Red Sox postponed due to inclement weather June 2nd, 2023
- Jose Trevino catching for Yankees on Friday June 2nd, 2023
- DJ LeMahieu not in Yankees' lineup on Friday June 2nd, 2023
- Josh Donaldson batting fifth for New York on Friday June 2nd, 2023
- Milwaukee's Corbin Burnes ejected on Friday in seventh inning June 2nd, 2023
- Willie Calhoun idle for Yankees on Friday June 2nd, 2023
- Sandy Leon starting behind the plate for Texas on Friday night June 2nd, 2023
- Travis Jankowski in left field for Texas on Friday June 2nd, 2023
- Robbie Grossman hitting sixth in Rangers' Friday lineup June 2nd, 2023
- Rangers give Jonah Heim a break on Friday June 2nd, 2023
- Travis Jankowski joining Rangers bench Wednesday May 31st, 2023
- Robbie Grossman resting Wednesday afternoon for Rangers May 31st, 2023