Danny Duffy filling in for Kris Medlen on Sunday for Royals
Kansas City Royals pitcher Danny Duffy will start Sunday against the Chicago White Sox.
He's filling in for Kris Medlen, who was placed on the disabled list with inflammation in his right rotator cuff. Duffy hasn't made a start since September 16, so he'll be limited to roughly 50 pitches. It's going to be a bullpen game for the Royals.
Duffy has thrown 18 innings this season -- all in relief -- and owns a 3.15 xFIP. His current 28.4 strikeout percentage is well above his career average of 19.0 percent. Our models currently project Duffy to record a 4.26 ERA and 17.4 strikeout percentage over the remaining course of the season.
- Dodgers hope Corey Seager (hamstring) will return after the All-Star break June 25th, 2019
- Yankees' Giancarlo Stanton (knee) leaves Tuesday's game early June 25th, 2019
- Angels' Trevor Cahill (elbow) will be activated on Wednesday June 25th, 2019
- Cleveland's Mike Clevinger (ankle) will start on Friday June 25th, 2019
- Atlanta's Mike Soroka (forearm) will throw off a mound on Wednesday June 25th, 2019
- White Sox-Red Sox expected to start at 7:30 PM ET Tuesday June 25th, 2019
- Kansas City's Lucas Duda starting at first base on Tuesday June 25th, 2019
- Billy Hamilton out of the Royals' Tuesday lineup June 25th, 2019
- Martin Maldonado starting on Sunday for Royals June 23rd, 2019
- Cam Gallagher sitting on Sunday for Royals June 23rd, 2019
- Billy Hamilton in Royals' Sunday lineup June 23rd, 2019
- Lucas Duda sitting on Sunday for Royals June 23rd, 2019