Danny Duffy filling in for Kris Medlen on Sunday for Royals
Kansas City Royals pitcher Danny Duffy will start Sunday against the Chicago White Sox.
He's filling in for Kris Medlen, who was placed on the disabled list with inflammation in his right rotator cuff. Duffy hasn't made a start since September 16, so he'll be limited to roughly 50 pitches. It's going to be a bullpen game for the Royals.
Duffy has thrown 18 innings this season -- all in relief -- and owns a 3.15 xFIP. His current 28.4 strikeout percentage is well above his career average of 19.0 percent. Our models currently project Duffy to record a 4.26 ERA and 17.4 strikeout percentage over the remaining course of the season.
- Carlos Correa will bat fourth for the Astros in Game 5 October 18th, 2018
- Ian Kinsler on second base for Red Sox in Game 5 Thursday October 18th, 2018
- Jake Marisnick starting for Houston in Game 5 October 18th, 2018
- Mitch Moreland (hamstring) starting as Red Sox look to eliminate Astros in Game 5 October 18th, 2018
- Josh Reddick not in Houston's Game 5 lineup October 18th, 2018
- Martin Maldonado starting at catcher for Astros on Wednesday October 17th, 2018
- Brett Phillips will start for Royals on Sunday afternoon September 30th, 2018
- Rosell Herrera in Royals' starting lineup on Sunday September 30th, 2018
- Royals' Salvador Perez is in the starting lineup on Sunday September 30th, 2018
- Meibrys Viloria starting behind the plate for Royals on Saturday September 29th, 2018
- Royals' Alcides Escobar starting at third base on Saturday September 29th, 2018
- Royals' Salvador Perez sitting on Saturday September 29th, 2018