Danny Duffy filling in for Kris Medlen on Sunday for Royals
Kansas City Royals pitcher Danny Duffy will start Sunday against the Chicago White Sox.
He's filling in for Kris Medlen, who was placed on the disabled list with inflammation in his right rotator cuff. Duffy hasn't made a start since September 16, so he'll be limited to roughly 50 pitches. It's going to be a bullpen game for the Royals.
Duffy has thrown 18 innings this season -- all in relief -- and owns a 3.15 xFIP. His current 28.4 strikeout percentage is well above his career average of 19.0 percent. Our models currently project Duffy to record a 4.26 ERA and 17.4 strikeout percentage over the remaining course of the season.
- Yandy Diaz sent to Tampa Bay from Cleveland December 13th, 2018
- Jake Bauers headed to Cleveland in three-team deal December 13th, 2018
- Mariners ship Carlos Santana to Cleveland December 13th, 2018
- Edwin Encarnacion traded to Mariners December 13th, 2018
- Cardinals acquire Paul Goldschmidt from the Diamondbacks December 5th, 2018
- Nationals sign pitcher Patrick Corbin to 6-year, $140M deal December 4th, 2018
- Brett Phillips will start for Royals on Sunday afternoon September 30th, 2018
- Rosell Herrera in Royals' starting lineup on Sunday September 30th, 2018
- Royals' Salvador Perez is in the starting lineup on Sunday September 30th, 2018
- Meibrys Viloria starting behind the plate for Royals on Saturday September 29th, 2018
- Royals' Alcides Escobar starting at third base on Saturday September 29th, 2018
- Royals' Salvador Perez sitting on Saturday September 29th, 2018