Red Sox's Xander Bogaerts receives Friday off
Boston Red Sox shortstop Xander Bogaerts is not starting in Friday's lineup against the Cleveland Guardians.
Bogaerts will rest on Friday night after Christian Arroyo was named Boston's starting shortstop.
Per Baseball Savant on 199 batted balls this season, Bogaerts has accounted for a 7.5% barrel rate and a .384 expected weighted on-base average.
- Jason Delay in lineup Friday night for Pittsburgh August 12th, 2022
- Rodolfo Castro in lineup Friday for Pirates August 12th, 2022
- Michael Chavis starting for Pirates on Friday August 12th, 2022
- Kevin Newman starting for Pittsburgh Friday night August 12th, 2022
- Josh VanMeter not in Pirates' Friday lineup August 12th, 2022
- Jose Godoy sitting Friday for Pittsburgh August 12th, 2022
- Boston's Kevin Plawecki behind the plate on Thursday evening August 11th, 2022
- Eric Hosmer hitting sixth in Boston's Thursday lineup versus Orioles August 11th, 2022
- Red Sox's Bobby Dalbec batting eighth on Wednesday August 10th, 2022
- Reese McGuire catching for Boston on Wednesday August 10th, 2022
- Reese McGuire on Boston bench Tuesday August 9th, 2022
- Jarren Duran in lineup for Red Sox Sunday afternoon August 7th, 2022