Nationals place Stephen Strasburg (neck) back on IL
The Washington Nationals placed starting pitcher Stephen Strasburg (neck) on the 15-day injured list.
Nationals manager Dave Martinez said Strasburg is experiencing renewed discomfort in his neck following the right-hander's between-starts bullpen session. Strasburg missed the first two months of the season while recovering from thoracic outlet syndrome. He made his season debut last Thursday and was pasted for seven runs on eight hits and a walk in 4 2/3 innings. Strasburg's next start was scheduled for Tuesday versus the Atlanta Braves.
Strasburg registered an exit velocity of 86.6 MPH in his debut, which would be a career-low for the 33-year-old. He set career-highs in exit velocity in 2020 (90.7) and 2021 (91.9).
- Jason Delay in lineup Friday night for Pittsburgh August 12th, 2022
- Rodolfo Castro in lineup Friday for Pirates August 12th, 2022
- Michael Chavis starting for Pirates on Friday August 12th, 2022
- Kevin Newman starting for Pittsburgh Friday night August 12th, 2022
- Josh VanMeter not in Pirates' Friday lineup August 12th, 2022
- Jose Godoy sitting Friday for Pittsburgh August 12th, 2022
- Maikel Franco out of Washington's Friday lineup versus Padres August 12th, 2022
- Nationals starting Keibert Ruiz at catcher on Friday August 12th, 2022
- Washington's Nelson Cruz batting third on Friday evening August 12th, 2022
- Luis Garcia leading off in Washington's Friday lineup August 12th, 2022
- Luis Garcia scratched from Nationals' lineup Wednesday, Maikel Franco added August 10th, 2022
- Keibert Ruiz sitting for Nationals on Wednesday August 10th, 2022