Rockies place Kris Bryant (back) on IL again
The Colorado Rockies placed left fielder Kris Bryant on the 10-day injured list Wednesday with a lower-back strain, retroactive to May 23.
Bryant will be eligible to return on June 2. He was just reinstated from the IL last weekend after missing more than three weeks with a back problem. The Rockies recalled right-handed pitcher Ryan Feltner from Triple-A Albuquerque in a corresponding roster move. Yonathan Daza should see the largest uptick in playing time while Bryant is unavailable. He is starting in center field on Wednesday afternoon versus the Pittsburgh Pirates.
Bryant is averaging 8.0 FanDuel points per game while slashing .270/.342/.333 through 73 plate appearances (17 games). His 26.0% hard-hit rate is a career-low and down from a 37.5% career average.
- Tyrone Taylor sitting for Milwaukee on Friday July 1st, 2022
- Franmil Reyes batting fifth for Cleveland on Friday July 1st, 2022
- Luke Maile catching for Cleveland on Friday July 1st, 2022
- Mets' Chris Bassitt scratched Friday, placed on IL July 1st, 2022
- Yankees' Aaron Hicks batting seventh on Friday July 1st, 2022
- Tomas Nido on Mets' bench versus Rangers July 1st, 2022
- Connor Joe leading off for Rockies on Friday July 1st, 2022
- Yonathan Daza leading off Wednesday for Rockies June 29th, 2022
- Rockies' Elehuris Montero sitting Wednesday June 29th, 2022
- Connor Joe joining Colorado bench Wednesday June 29th, 2022
- Ryan McMahon on Rockies' bench Tuesday June 28th, 2022
- Yonathan Daza idle Tuesday for Rockies June 28th, 2022