Alfonso Rivas absent from Cubs' lineup versus Pirates
Chicago Cubs first baseman Alfonso Rivas is not in the starting lineup for Thursday's series opener against right-hander Mitch Keller and the Pittsburgh Pirates.
Rivas started the last three games at first base for the Cubs while Frank Schwindel served as the designated hitter in an American League park. Schwindel is shifting back to first base Thursday while Rivas sits.
numberFire’s models project Schwindel for 12.2 FanDuel points and he has a $3,300 salary on Thursday’s slate. Per our MLB Heat Map, the Cubs have an implied total of 4.5 runs. Keller is registering a 19.9 strikeout percentage and an 11.1 walk percentage this season, with a 5.95 xERA and a .365 xwOBA, the latter two of which both rank in the bottom 5% of the league.
- Rockies place Kris Bryant (back) on IL again May 25th, 2022
- Jorge Polanco riding pine again for Twins versus Tigers May 25th, 2022
- Jose Miranda out of Minnesota lineup for Wednesday matinee May 25th, 2022
- Ryan Jeffers joining Twins' bench Wednesday afternoon May 25th, 2022
- Miguel Cabrera sitting for Detroit on Wednesday May 25th, 2022
- Harold Castro batting second for Detroit on Wednesday May 25th, 2022
- Cubs' Yan Gomes (oblique) scratched on Tuesday, Alfonso Rivas to start May 24th, 2022
- Cubs' Alfonso Rivas sitting on Tuesday May 24th, 2022
- P.J. Higgins catching for Cubs on Tuesday May 24th, 2022
- Jonathan Villar sitting for Cubs on Tuesday May 24th, 2022
- Cubs' Andrelton Simmons batting ninth on Tuesday May 24th, 2022
- Andrelton Simmons sitting for Cubs Monday May 23rd, 2022