Dodgers landing Max Scherzer from Nationals in six-player deal
The Los Angeles Dodgers are acquiring starting pitcher Max Scherzer from the Washington Nationals in exchange for four prospects.
The Dodgers are reportedly giving up their two top prospects in Keibert Ruiz and Josiah Gray in the deal, plus Donovan Casey and right-hander Gerardo Carrillo. The Nationals are also parting ways with Trea Turner in the trade. Scherzer should be able to make his Dodgers debut next week.
Scherzer is averaging 40.2 FanDuel points per start this season while recording a 2.76 ERA and 0.89 WHIP with a 34.3 strikeout percentage and a 6.5 walk percentage. His xBA (.191) ranks in the top 10 percent of the league and his strikeout rate is in the top sixth percentile.
- Kevin Kiermaier in Tampa Bay's lineup Thursday September 16th, 2021
- Tampa Bay's Taylor Walls taking seat Thursday September 16th, 2021
- Harold Castro sitting for Tigers versus Tampa Bay September 16th, 2021
- Akil Baddoo on Tigers' bench Thursday September 16th, 2021
- Luke Voit taking seat Thursday for Yankees September 16th, 2021
- Kelvin Gutierrez on Baltimore's bench Thursday September 16th, 2021
- Will Smith hitting in sixth spot for Dodgers on Tuesday September 14th, 2021
- Austin Barnes behind the plate for Dodgers on Monday night September 13th, 2021
- Cody Bellinger hitting sixth in Dodgers' Monday lineup against Arizona September 13th, 2021
- Dodgers' Will Smith receives Monday off September 13th, 2021
- Dodgers' Steven Souza Jr. starting Sunday September 12th, 2021
- Dodgers' leave Cody Bellinger off Sunday lineup September 12th, 2021