Mets' Jacob deGrom (forearm) expected to make next start
New York Mets pitcher Jacob deGrom (flexor tendinitis) is expected to make his next scheduled start Wednesday against the Chicago Cubs.
deGrom was pulled from his start last Friday after 80 pitches due to right flexor tendonitis. He played catch on Saturday and Sunday without any issue and is scheduled to throw a bullpen session on Monday. As long as everything goes well, deGrom should be cleared for Wednesday's start. The 32-year-old right-hander hasn't allowed a run in three straight starts and 22 consecutive innings overall.
deGrom is averaging 55.7 FanDuel points per start this season and numberFire's models currently project him for 44.3 FanDuel points on Wednesday. Among qualified pitchers this season, deGrom's xwOBA (.179) leads the majors and his strikeout rate (46.2 percent) is in the top one percent.
- Chas McCormick sitting for Astros on Tuesday August 3rd, 2021
- Marlins place Jazz Chisholm on COVID-19 IL August 3rd, 2021
- Cody Bellinger in Dodgers' Tuesday lineup August 3rd, 2021
- Max Muncy starting on Tuesday for Los Angeles August 3rd, 2021
- Will Smith in Dodgers' Tuesday lineup August 3rd, 2021
- Red Sox starting Marwin Gonzalez (hamstring) at second base on Tuesday August 3rd, 2021
- Michael Conforto returning to Mets' lineup versus Marlins August 3rd, 2021
- Brandon Nimmo (hamstring) back in Mets' lineup Tuesday August 3rd, 2021
- Mets' Brandon Nimmo scratched on Monday, Brandon Drury to start August 2nd, 2021
- Tomas Nido absent from Mets' lineup Monday August 2nd, 2021
- Brandon Drury on Mets' bench versus Marlins August 2nd, 2021
- Brandon Nimmo (hamstring) back in Mets' lineup Monday August 2nd, 2021