Braves put Max Fried (back) on 10-day IL
The Atlanta Braves placed starting pitcher Max Fried on the 10-day injured list, retroactive to September 6, with a left-side muscle spasm in his lumbar spine.
The injury could explain why Fried had arguably his worst outing of the season on Saturday in his most recent start. The Braves recalled right-hander Kyle Wright from their alternate training site in a corresponding roster move. Wright will start on Tuesday against the Miami Marlins.
Fried owns a 1.98 ERA with 47 strikeouts and 17 walks over 50 innings this season. He's averaging 34.4 FanDuel points per game.
- Rays' Austin Meadows batting third in Game 6 on Tuesday October 27th, 2020
- Ji-Man Choi batting leadoff for Rays in Game 6 on Tuesday October 27th, 2020
- Dodgers' A.J. Pollock batting eighth in Game 6 on Tuesday October 27th, 2020
- Dodgers' Joc Pederson batting eighth in Game 5 on Sunday October 25th, 2020
- Austin Barnes catching for Dodgers in Game 5 of the World Series on Sunday October 25th, 2020
- Joey Wendle batting sixth for Rays in Game 5 on Sunday October 25th, 2020
- Atlanta's Nick Markakis starting in Friday's Game 5 lineup against Dodgers October 16th, 2020
- Johan Camargo starting for Atlanta in Wednesday's Game 3 October 14th, 2020
- Nick Markakis sitting on Wednesday for Atlanta in Game 3 October 14th, 2020
- Braves' Cristian Pache in center field Tuesday for Game 2 October 13th, 2020
- Kyle Wright on hill Thursday as Braves go for sweep October 8th, 2020
- Braves' Ian Anderson starting Game 2 Wednesday October 7th, 2020