Red Sox: Collin McHugh (elbow) still rehabbing
Boston Red Sox pitcher Collin McHugh (elbow) is still rehabbing, per manager Ron Roenicke.
It appears that McHugh will likely be joining Eduardo Rodriguez (COVID-19) on the 10-day injured list to open the season. The 33-year-old right-hander is still recovering from a right elbow procedure that ended his 2019 season early. He mostly operated in relief for the Houston Astros over the past two seasons but McHugh was expected to join the rotation when the Red Sox signed him in March. Manager Ron Roenicke said Brian Johnson is now a candidate to help fill out the backend of Boston's rotation.
numberFire's models project McHugh to record a 3.62 ERA and 1.18 WHIP with 49 strikeouts and 16 walks over 42 1/3 innings this season.
- Rays' Austin Meadows batting third in Game 6 on Tuesday October 27th, 2020
- Ji-Man Choi batting leadoff for Rays in Game 6 on Tuesday October 27th, 2020
- Dodgers' A.J. Pollock batting eighth in Game 6 on Tuesday October 27th, 2020
- Dodgers' Joc Pederson batting eighth in Game 5 on Sunday October 25th, 2020
- Austin Barnes catching for Dodgers in Game 5 of the World Series on Sunday October 25th, 2020
- Joey Wendle batting sixth for Rays in Game 5 on Sunday October 25th, 2020
- Jonathan Arauz starting for Boston Sunday September 27th, 2020
- Tzu-Wei Lin starting for Boston Sunday September 27th, 2020
- Christian Arroyo sitting for Red Sox on Sunday September 27th, 2020
- Alex Verdugo not in Red Sox' Sunday lineup September 27th, 2020
- Christian Vazquez sitting for Boston on Sunday September 27th, 2020
- Rafael Devers in Red Sox' Saturday lineup September 26th, 2020