Atlanta's Cole Hamels (tricep) skips Saturday's side session
Atlanta Braves pitcher Cole Hamels (tricep) did not throw on Saturday.
After Hamels missed Saturday's throwing session, the Braves will wait one week before determining the severity of the left-hander's recent tricep tendinitis. "I think we're probably a week away from seeing where he's going to be," said manager Brian Snitker when asked about his starting pitcher.
If Hamels is going to return in time for the start of the regular season, he will need to prove he is healthy enough to pitch to live batters within a two-week span. Look for the Braves to limit all their starting pitchers at first in order to ease their transition back to playing.
- Max Scherzer set to start for Nationals on Wednesday August 3rd, 2020
- Patrick Corbin to pitch for Nationals on Tuesday August 3rd, 2020
- Aaron Nola to start Tuesday as Phillies return August 3rd, 2020
- Angels send Shohei Ohtani for MRI after Sunday's start August 2nd, 2020
- Dodgers' Mookie Betts (finger) exits Sunday's game in seventh inning August 2nd, 2020
- Heyman: Mets' Yoenis Cespedes reportedly opts out of 2020 season August 2nd, 2020
- Austin Riley in Braves' Sunday lineup August 2nd, 2020
- Adam Duvall starting on Sunday for Braves August 2nd, 2020
- Travis d'Arnaud starting for Atlanta Sunday August 2nd, 2020
- Adeiny Hechavarria starting on Sunday for Mets August 2nd, 2020
- Matt Adams sitting for Atlanta on Sunday August 2nd, 2020
- Tyler Flowers sitting on Sunday for Atlanta August 2nd, 2020