Dodgers' Jimmy Nelson having back surgery
Los Angeles Dodgers reliever Jimmy Nelson is undergoing back surgery Tuesday.
Dodgers manager Dave Roberts said Nelson has been dealing with the injury since at least spring training. Nelson signed a one-year deal with the Dodgers in January following six seasons with the Milwaukee Brewers. He recorded a 3.49 ERA and 27.3 percent strikeout rate in 2017 before suffering a season-ending shoulder injury. The right-hander then missed all of 2018 and was limited to 22 innings in 2019, and now he's out until 2021. The Dodgers have a club option on Nelson for next season, so they'll have to decide whether they want to bring him back or cut bait without him ever taking the mound. Nelson turned 32 in June.
Per FanDuel Sportsbook, the Dodgers have the best odds (+380) to win the 2020 World Series.
- Max Stassi catching for Angels on Friday September 24th, 2021
- Jose Siri not in Astros' Friday lineup September 24th, 2021
- Yordan Alvarez starting for Astros Friday night September 24th, 2021
- Seth Brown in Athletics' Friday lineup September 24th, 2021
- Chad Pinder sitting on Friday for Oakland September 24th, 2021
- Seattle's Luis Torrens batting fifth on Friday night September 24th, 2021
- Will Smith in Dodgers' Friday lineup September 24th, 2021
- Austin Barnes not in Los Angeles' Friday lineup September 24th, 2021
- A.J. Pollock starting for Dodgers Thursday afternoon September 23rd, 2021
- Will Smith sitting for Dodgers versus Rockies September 23rd, 2021
- Dodgers place Cody Bellinger (rib) on injured list, Luke Raley to start on Tuesday September 21st, 2021
- Dodgers starting Cody Bellinger in center field on Tuesday September 21st, 2021